No announcement yet.

Happy 50th Anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On September 15th of 2018 Barb and I celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary and we both deserve to go to heaven. Not just for being wed for 50 years but because the weekend we celebrated was also a hurricane escape to Marietta, GA from Charleston, SC.

The hurricane didn't materially affect our home but we also brought our 44 year old daughter and her 7 year old daughter and shared our suite at the Hampton Inn with them!
    sigpic

Comment

Happy anniversary, Calvin and Barb!
      Life without passion is no life at all.
      Sean Combs

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN
        My wife and I have had a pretty good agreement for 49 years. She doesn't mess around in the garage with stuff and I stay out of the laundry room.

Hey Ric when's the 50th? Sure don't want to miss offering you our congrats.

As of today, the Navigator and I have been married 49.94794521 years, but who's counting?
        Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
        2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post

Hey Ric when's the 50th? Sure don't want to miss offering you our congrats.

As of today, the Navigator and I have been married 49.94794521 years, but who's counting?
          Really close! The 27th?

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post

Really close! The 27th?
            Yep. Today is 49.97 when the Navigator tells me I get no gift but I have to get her something sentimental. Pressure on as I haven't bought her anything for her birthday on the 23rd! ( Yes she was a child bride!) Wow pressure is really on! Then there is that thingy on the 25th!
            2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Congrats Bill....WOW!

Comment

Yep. Today is 49.97 when the Navigator tells me I get no gift but I have to get her something sentimental. Pressure on as I haven't bought her anything for her birthday on the 23rd! ( Yes she was a child bride!) Wow pressure is really on! Then there is that thingy on the 25th!
                A triple gift whammy! You better get moving! You are one sly accountant. Sneaking into a better tax rate just before the end of the year. Congrats!

Comment

Well Bill, they say diamonds are a girls best friend. BIG DIAMONDS

Comment

Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post

Well Bill, they say diamonds are a girls best friend. BIG DIAMONDS
                    Yes, and the 50th means gold. So big diamonds set in gold.

Comment

Here’s an idea, Bill. Since she’s your Navigator on your journey through life, how about a North Star?

https://www.zales.com/12-ct-tw-diamo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/te...ng-anniversary

Comment

I’m a day late!

Congrats on your 50th, Bill! I know you must have celebrated in fine style. Wishing you and the Navigator many happy and prosperous years ahead.

Comment

Congratulations to our friends Roger and Sharon Quern.

50 years ago tonight I married my best friend. The journey brought us to Rome, Italy, tonight to celebrate. .
                            Roger and Sharon, Posting here as we got together and my daughter asked about my friends that were with me when we videoed her from the Hogs Breath bar in Key West.

Our anniversary was magical. All the children and grandchildren were there. We had cousin Christmas early on the 27th. That's 8 children under 8 opening their Christmas gifts. What chaos and fun beyond belief. Was 62 * in Columbus Ohio so I even had the top down!

Children took us to Scioto Country Club for dinner with all grandchildren. Only saying that as we were in a Dining room for 20 that could have been a museum for Jack Nicklaus as that's where he did his early years of golf.

The cake was shaped in a 5 and a 0 very interesting. Placards were so well done that we'll find a place for them on the walls of the man cave.

Food and drink were great. A slide show was done and it was phenomenal . We both enjoyed it with smiles galore. Last slide (I knew it was coming, Navigator didn't!) said "Bon Voyage you're going to Paris and Italy". At the same time two baskets were laid at Momma's feet with everything imaginable for those two locations. Navigator was OVERWHELMED. Tears aplenty.

Overnight thanks to my daughter-in-law (and Walgreen's) we were all presented with a book of all the pictures taken. Unbelievable.

Would not trade my life for anyone in the world. Now if only the Bird starts in May!

Comment

Excellent, Bill, congrats!
                              Life without passion is no life at all.
                              Sean Combs

Comment

Sounds perfect, Bill. Congrats to you and Gerri on reaching this big milestone. Now it's on to 60 and beyond.
                                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Working...
                                X