DMV adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DMV adventure

I found the easy way. Just let spouse handle it. :)

Comment

Here in MD, you line up at the info desk and get checked in and given a number. On one of my last visits there was a woman who wanted a MD license in front of me. She was from a foreign country and, when asked for her name, rattled off a string of multi-syllable consonants - which didn't match her ID. Then she launched into the story of her immigration under one name, her multiple marriages in her old country and here, her multiple places of residence (she also had licenses from several states in different names), and how she took parts she liked from all the names to create her current name. She also had immigration and various other documents in several names. And, she didn't understand what the problem was with getting a MD license in her current name. And I was stuck in line for 20 minutes while they sorted it out. I won't even go into the wait once I got my number.

Comment

Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
        I found the easy way. Just let spouse handle it. :)
        I agree 100%. If it can't be done by mail, send the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealy View Post
          Here in MD, you line up at the info desk and get checked in and given a number. On one of my last visits there was a woman who wanted a MD license in front of me. She was from a foreign country and, when asked for her name, rattled off a string of multi-syllable consonants - which didn't match her ID. Then she launched into the story of her immigration under one name, her multiple marriages in her old country and here, her multiple places of residence (she also had licenses from several states in different names), and how she took parts she liked from all the names to create her current name. She also had immigration and various other documents in several names. And, she didn't understand what the problem was with getting a MD license in her current name. And I was stuck in line for 20 minutes while they sorted it out. I won't even go into the wait once I got my number.
          She would be out of luck here in Jersey. You need to prove identity with six separate documents.

Comment

All the DMV talk made me realize that inspection was due on my Chrysler. No line at DMV, passed with no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X