No announcement yet.

Has your fuel pump failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, my fuel pump has failed on my 02 bird at 5,000 miles. Have always used the high octane fuel and because of not frequently driving, have always added fuel stabilizers Sta-Bil or Sea Foam. I am researching now on having the fuel pump replaced along with the transfer pump. Car will not start and fuel pressure at "0". Prices range anywhere from $800.00 to $1400.00 which includes the labor, and none of the estimates are from Ford or they would be a lot higher. Have also replaced all 8 COPs, much to my dissatisfaction. I have owned the vehicle since it was new and love it, but very disappointed with the cost of maintenance and NO help from Ford on the COPs!! and now this!! Unbelievable to only have 5,000 miles and to have this expense. Besides not driving it much, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

2002 Bird 33,700 miles with no fuel pump problems

Comment

The 2002 Thunderbird Blue went at 25,700 miles about two months ago.
        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. acc.#165 - 21 states-Dc
        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white #137 - 17 states-DC
        04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
        04 Merlot-Merlot htp-sand-Bill Grassnig- 16 states-DC
        04 TR-TR htp-sand 7 states
        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 5 states-DC
        05 IG-IG htp-p/white acc.t #82 - 48 states-DC
        05 Dusk Rose-DR & C/mere htps-cashmere seats - 48 states-DC

Comment

Besides not driving it much, what am I doing wrong?
          Believe you answered your own question. Keeping these cars on the road seems to make them operate much better than those that are only driven occasionally.
          Mike

sigpic

Comment

I initially answered this poll in the negative then a few days later my fuel pump failed while the car was in the garage. Had it towed to the dealer for repair--$1,300.00 job. 2002 with 46,000 miles.

Comment

Same here, '02 with very low miles.

C.

Comment

Mine failed at 36000 miles when it came out of winter hibernation. My Mechanic said it has a lot to do with ethanol. Not sure that is the reason as I would think that these cars were designed to run on that?

Comment

Working...
                X