This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
    Way to go Bob. 19 has got to be the record? I'd guess that the average age has got to be pushing 70.
    Who is Bob? Brad is this the car that I donated the fogged headlights to or is it another? If the original car, before and after pics would be great . As I last remember, you guys were looking for doors. Regardless of the original car or not, a father son project seems like the all American hot rod story!

Greg, assuming that each range had the same number of folks above and below the average for the range and adding 2 years for the time since the last update and assuming no participate went to the great flea market in the sky, the average age is 67 years and 9 months. Sounds like that is pushing 70 to me you young whippersnapper.
    Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

We could definitely be a chapter of AARP.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
        We could definitely be a chapter of AARP.
        Heck, AARP invites you when you reach 50. That is only middle aged in my book!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post

Heck, AARP invites you when you reach 50. That is only middle aged in my book!
          Suggest a new club. Own a Thunderbird and lived past like expectancy age. Wow Cal!
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

70 is the new 40, kids!!
            Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I need some recognitiion about something! What is age of the oldest member? I'm 83 next week.

Am I close?

Bob
              RDRIDER
              Tri-Cities, WA

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoBob View Post
                I need some recognitiion about something! What is age of the oldest member? I'm 83 next week.

Am I close?

Bob
                Well, Bob, of the fairly active TBN members I thought an Iowa member might have you beat but he will only be 82 in May.

"edit" I just thought of someone that has you beat, a Florida member who is 86! However, Bob, be proud of your age. My Mom would always say "I'm going to be ___." Did that until she was 89. Didn't quite make it to 90.
                Last edited by Birdlover; Feb 24, 2018, 05:04 PM.
                T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
                Richard & Gordon

Comment

Middle age keeps going up. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Birdlover View Post

Well, Bob, of the fairly active TBN members I thought an Iowa member might have you beat but he will only be 82 in May.

"edit" I just thought of someone that has you beat, a Florida member who is 86! However, Bob, be proud of your age. My Mom would always say "I'm going to be ___." Did that until she was 89. Didn't quite make it to 90.
                    Thanks Birdlover! I look forward to my next birthday like a 6 year old does! But it seems to happen a whole lot faster!

Bob
                    RDRIDER
                    Tri-Cities, WA

Comment

I will turn 70 in April, so does that make me average age? I also plan to give the keys to my PCR to my granddaughter for her 17th birthday this year as her first car, will that make her the youngest owner?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyL View Post
                        I will turn 70 in April, so does that make me average age? I also plan to give the keys to my PCR to my granddaughter for her 17th birthday this year as her first car, will that make her the youngest owner?

assuming that each range had the same number of folks above and below the average for the range and adding 2 years for the time since the last update and assuming no participate went to the great flea market in the sky, the average age is 67 years and 9 months. Sounds like that is pushing 70 to me you young whippersnapper.

Bill 17 would be my guess for the youngest.

Comment

I am just glad that my mid life crisis did not happen when they cost 40,000+
                          figured I needed something here

Comment

Originally posted by hippy_mailman View Post
                            I am just glad that my mid life crisis did not happen when they cost 40,000+
                            I'm glad mine did. Best $40K I've ever spent ..... all the friends we've met and places we've been make it priceless.
                            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoBob View Post

Am I close?

Bob
                              When you fart does dust come out? LOL

Comment

I hit 75 last January.

My older daughter still has zero interest in the car, and my younger daughter couldn't afford the maintenance. No grandkids, and my nephews aren't hot for the car. (One nephew who seems to be into older cars likes VWs.)

If I haven't sold it, my son-in-law will take the first reasonable offer.
                                2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                                2003 TBird black/saddle
                                1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                                2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Working...
                                X