George Boley ( retrogeorge) update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Boley ( retrogeorge) update

Had a good visit with George yesterday. He is improving at a rapid pace. He is exercising and losing extra weight, his blood pressure is normal and he says he generally feels good. He is still going to therapy twice a week and he still sees a benefit from the treatments. He still doesn't drive, but his memory is slowly recovering. He doesn't remember street names too well, but he does recognize land marks. He wanted me to take him for a ride in his bird and I let him give me directions to yogurt shop and he did not miss a beat. Maybe before long he will feel confidant enough to log back in to TBN.

Glad to hear that he's improving. Tell him that we're all in his corner.

Comment

That is very good news, tell him hello for all of us.
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

Thanks so much for doing that visit. Those types of good times visits are so very important to the individual that is having a difficult time or set back after an illiness.

TBear I tip my cap to you and thanks for posting this update. Much appreciated
        Mike

sigpic

Comment

Way to go, Dave! Good encouragement for George. I think that's really important for his full recovery.

Comment

So happy that George is recovering well. Dave, thanks for taking the time to check on him. Next time you see him, give him our best.
            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Dave, thanks for the update and for being such a good friend to George.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Dave, and friends. Thanks for the kind words. Friday will be a big day, as I have an appointment with an ophthalmologist (did you know it had a second "l" in it?) who will determine whether or not I am cleared to drive. I feel like I am, but I still don't have vision in the far upper right quadrant. We'll hear what he has to say. My therapy is Speech Therapy, but speech has nothing to do with it; it is strictly memory exercises, which I was never any good at to begin with! Just like in college: by the time I had read a paragraph, I had forgotten the first part of the paragraph.

Anyway, thanks again for the encouraging words. I couldn't remember how to log onto TBN, or its name, and I just found a stickum on my monitor with the necessary key strokes. God bless stickums!

Peace,

GAB
                Allen, TX
                The best trophies are miles on the odometer, stone chips in the paint, dead bugs on the windshield, and the occasional smell of manure.

Comment

So good to hear from you! Wishing you all the best.

Comment

Great to see you post. George. I'm sure you are anxious to get on the road again.
                    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Good job George, keep up the good work.
                      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                      - 48&DC

Comment

Tthanks Dave for looking in on George.
                        George, every time we travel through LaGrange (IN) we think of you. Glad you are feeling better.
                        K&D
                        sigpic

Comment

Keep the faith and positive thinking. Glad to hear you are improving. We miss you at NTVT. A BIG thanks to Dave the Bear for keeping up with you.
                          Jim & Regina

Comment

Working...
                          X