2013 NCAA BB Tourney Tidbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NCAA BB Tourney Tidbit

They just flashed an interesting bit of info during the Michigan/VCU game that is on right now. All of the teams that started the tourney that have bird mascots (seven of them) are still in it as of right now.

Re: 2013 NCAA BB Tourney Tidbit

And the tournament top seed Louisville has a bird mascot.
    All the talking heads were yakkity yakking about the parity in college basketball in the days leading up to the tournament. Said many teams could rise up and take the title. Sure is proving to be reality with many upsets and high seeds beaten so far. Amazing that no.15 Florida Gulf Coast U can beat no.2 Georgetown. No.8 Wichita St took out no.1 Gonzaga last night. And many others. Fun to watch. I don't like 5-6 prohibitive favorites going through the riff raff like a hot knife through butter. Much more compelling when lowers seeds are knocking off the big schools. Which team will be standing at the end?
    PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
    Built April 22, 2002
    Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

I think one of the Big 10 teams, Miami or Louisville will take it all.

Comment

Winning scores ending in 4 have won the most games so far, scores ending in 2 have won only 1 so far.

\ \ \ \ \__________________________________

Comment

Indiana made the Sweet Sixteen, Yea!

\ \ \ \ \_________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
            Indiana made the Sweet Sixteen, Yea!

\ \ \ \ \_________________________________________
            Ohio State made the Sweet Sixteen, Yea!
            Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
            2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Hey Bill, I just found out I have Ohio State in the Sweet Sixteen pool at the VFW. Might win some cash. $100.00 if they make the final game and another $200.00 if they win. Go Buckeyes!

\ \ \ \ \_________________________________

Comment

Ohio State made the Elite Eight. Go Buckeyes!

\ \ \ \ \_____________________________________

Comment

Go Orange!

Joe
                  It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

The only Bird mascot left is the Cardinals, also the only no.1 seed remaining. They should cruise to the final game. Syracuse vs. Michigan should be a great game. I would love to see a Louisville-Syracuse final.
                    Built April 22, 2002
                    Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

I'm out of it, Ohio St. lost. So now I'm hoping Michigan takes it.

\ \ \ \ \_______________________________________

Comment

I grew up in Memphis hating Louisville. Then in both 1976 and 1977 I met Denny Crum at the Metro Conference tournaments. Even though I was a punk kid wearing Memphis colors, he was nice to me. Completely changed how I felt about him, his team, and the entire city of Louisville. I later found Louisville fans weren't so bad, either.

Twenty years later, at yet another conference tournament he happened to sit down to watch a game one seat over from me. Still a heck of a nice guy. Bob Huggins is another good guy I've met like that. But Gene Bartow was by far the nicest man who ever stepped on a court. Sorry to digress.

Comment

Two great semi-final games yesterday! I thought Wichita State had Louisville beat, but the Cardinals really came storming back. The second game was even more exciting. Shold be a great championship game on Monday night, two great teams from the two best conferences.

And then a few days later, another major sporting event gets underway, a tradition unlike any other, The Masters!
                          Built April 22, 2002
                          Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by FUN X 3 View Post
                            Two great semi-final games yesterday! I thought Wichita State had Louisville beat, but the Cardinals really came storming back. The second game was even more exciting. Shold be a great championship game on Monday night, two great teams from the two best conferences.
                            And then a few days later, another major sporting event gets underway, a tradition unlike any other, The Masters!

This is a great time of year for sure. Spring is coming, baseball season started, the NCAA finals and The Masters.

I think I'll root for Michigan and the Big 10 in the NCAA game, Tiger in the Masters and of course the Cubbies.

Comment

Yes, all of the above except baseball... I watch the World Series sometimes. I'm not from a baseball town, they moved the team to Texas.
                              Built April 22, 2002
                              Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X