No announcement yet.

UT vs OU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill it looks like THE OHIO STATE Michagan game is going to be a good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarDaddy View Post
      Hi, Sally,

Good to see you back on TBN!
      We missed you. Hang around and post more often.

SugarBabe went to the game, to root for OU because one of their defensive players is from our high school.
      She said the game was great to watch! She will be back here in California tonight.
      I'll let her know that you got on TBN to post about the game.
      Hey Jerry!
      Glad to read that you and Kim are doing well. I watched the game fro
      at home in comfort, but I heard it was warm & steamy in the stadium.
      Thanks for kind words, and I will try to hang around & continue to post.
      Give Kim a hug for me!

Redbirdsal
      sigpic
      Native Texan
      IRISH THRU & THRU!

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
        Hi Sally, hope all is well with you . If memory serves me correct, it was because of you that I am on this site .
        Hi Martin! Remembered I hadn't replied...
        Yes, we did meet on Ebay, and I told you about TBN. So glad you found a home here!

Redbirdsal
        sigpic
        Native Texan
        IRISH THRU & THRU!

Comment

Newman, you and your family have quite a history in Texas, too!
          I don't remember if you and I have met. If not, I hope to soon. We're both local.

Redbirdsal
          sigpic
          Native Texan
          IRISH THRU & THRU!

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdsal View Post
            Newman, you and your family have quite a history in Texas, too!
            I don't remember if you and I have met. If not, I hope to soon. We're both local.
            My mother's family lost four Wallace men at Goliad during the Texas Revolution. In reply the Mexicans got Bigfoot Wallace with vengeance in his eyes.

Try to attend one of the local Vintage Thunderbird meets and let me know so I make certain to be there. Also take my car to Mustang Sally and North Texas Mustang Club shows.

William_AA_Wallace_c1872.jpg
            Last edited by Sierra977; Oct 9, 2018, 04:20 AM.
            We're lighter. We're faster. If that don't work, we're nastier.
            We're gonna make history.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra977 View Post

The happiest I ever saw my father was the day in December 1969 when the University of Texas beat the University of Arkansas for the football national title. "The Game of the Century". That day Texas was ranked No. 1 nationally, Arkansas was No. 2, the game was in Fayetteville AR, Darrell Royal was Texas head coach and Frank Broyles led Arkansas. Final score was Texas 15 - Arkansas 14 after Texas came from behind 14-0 to win the game.

I feared my father was going to have a stroke he was so exuberant.

(ETA: Darrell Royal's half-time locker room speeches are said to be things of legend. Motivating his players like none other.)
              I don't remember where I found this article, but I saved it for the roster that shows the height and weight of the starting players back when football was played by normal sized people. Of the 24 players listed, only one weighed more than 250 (257). Thirteen of the 24 weighed 200 pounds or less. The starting quarterback was James (Slick) Street who is listed at 5-11 and 175 pounds. The 2018 UT starting quarterback is Sam Ehlinger who is listed at 6-3 and 235 pounds.

I looked up the roster of the 2018 UT team. ( https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?...&path=football )

The 113 players listed break down as follows:

300 pounds plus - 17
              250 - 299 pounds - 22
              200-249 pounds - 51
              Under 200 - 23

Of the 23 players listed at under 200 pounds, 15 are Freshmen who most likely have been assigned to the feed lot. Six of the remaining 8 upperclassmen weigh between 190 and 195.

Times have changed a bit.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alamobird View Post

I don't remember where I found this article, but I saved it for the roster that shows the height and weight of the starting players back when football was played by normal sized people. Of the 24 players listed, only one weighed more than 250 (257). Thirteen of the 24 weighed 200 pounds or less. The starting quarterback was James (Slick) Street who is listed at 5-11 and 175 pounds. The 2018 UT starting quarterback is Sam Ehlinger who is listed at 6-3 and 235 pounds.

I looked up the roster of the 2018 UT team. ( https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?...&path=football )

The 113 players listed break down as follows:

300 pounds plus - 17
                250 - 299 pounds - 22
                200-249 pounds - 51
                Under 200 - 23

Of the 23 players listed at under 200 pounds, 15 are Freshmen who most likely have been assigned to the feed lot. Six of the remaining 8 upperclassmen weigh between 190 and 195.

Times have changed a bit.
                Kathy, in 1963 when the University of Texas defeated Roger Staubach and his Navy team in the Cotton Bowl for the national college championship, the Texas high school football team I played on (Rockwall) won the state IIA football championship. The linemen I played behind averaged only five pounds a man lighter than the national champion University of Texas starting line. Those UT linemen will screw their navels into the ground and fight like hell.
                We're lighter. We're faster. If that don't work, we're nastier.
                We're gonna make history.

Comment

Working...
                X