This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ron,
    Thanks for showing the photo of steelblue 5505 under the Borla sign.
    We, Evelyn & I, sure had fun with you & Liz on our trip to Tennessee.
    Mike

sigpic

Comment

• Come on folks, we've got to have more photos of friends and strangers Thunderbirds that we have taken over the years.

Here's one that belongs to friends Ray and Sharon's Inca Gold during Great Plains Thunder:

IMG_2200.JPG

And here's one of a stranger that we saw on our way home from Thunder Around The Lakes - the spoiler and blue dots got my attention:

DSCN5636 (2).JPG
      16 years, 147K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 10 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !

Comment

• IMG_0152.JPG Mike Kearns silver bird in Oklahoma on our return trip from Pikes Peak.

Comment

• IMG_1495.JPG Bill and Gerri Coats in North Dakota 2015.

Comment

• Mountain Shadow Grey '03 that belonged to Ford Canada . Had it for the weekend back in '03 to take to our annual " All Thunderbird " show ( SOTC ) with a trunk full of large brochures to hand out to whoever wanted one . Believe this one sold me to look for one for ourselves .

Dcp01214a.jpg

Comment

• I hope everyone is enjoying these pics as much as I am. I going to give this challenge a little more time with hopes we'll get some more great snapshots.

Here's one of Terry with his pride and joy at the VTCI Regional in Norman, OK last summer:

SAM_0346.JPG

Gary's car in Colorado near the Florrisant Fossil Beds National Park (he won TOTM with a similar picture):

SAM_0551.JPG
              16 years, 147K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 10 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !

Comment

• OK, I've sinned, it's my car but it has only been mine for about 9 months. This picture is a redo of one I took with "Annie" about 10 years ago.

Last edited by EllisonCal; Jun 6, 2018, 08:49 AM. Reason: Tried to enlarge tiny photo.
                sigpic

Comment

• Cal, that little X isn't giving us much to go on. Follow the instructions in post #1 and posting a picture is pretty easy most of the time.

Comment

• I struggle with getting pictures on TBN, sorry.
                    Last edited by EllisonCal; Jun 6, 2018, 11:42 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sorry about the delay on picking a winner of this challenge. Unfortunately, we had to attend two funerals in the past 6 days and one of them was in north Texas.

After reviewing all the great pictures and thinking long and hard about them, I'm going to go with Dot's picture of Sally and her car. Sally always made me smile and I sure miss her around here as I know a lot of us do. She loved her car as much or more than any of us, but sometimes life gets in the way of what we'd like to do. Dot, you get to make the next challenge.

Honorable mentioned goes to Martin for his picture of the Sport Roadster concept - that variation was one of my favorites. I never saw it in person, but I'm really happy to have this one-off Maisto diecast prototype in my collection.

Comment

• Thank you, Paul. I'm going to get that photo printed out and give to Sally as I don't recall doing that in the past. I take too many pics sometimes and then am overwhelmed as to what to do with them or time to do it.

Meanwhile, next challenge: Sunset or sunrise picture with your car in it.

Suggestions & help: If sky is partly cloudy and you have a driveway and it's at or near sunset, and you have a driveway that faces the west, you should be able to get a photo with your car in it. I assume sunrise photos are going to be more difficult just because most of us don't like to get up that early if we don't have to.

Reflections of a sunrise or sunset on the side of your car work.

Here's my sample

Last edited by 5bird7; Jun 20, 2018, 11:53 AM.
                        TBN TOTM 2018 Calendars free to download.

Porthole Authority

Comment

• Florida trip

Comment

• Dot, this is not a picture of the car with the sunset in the background, it's one with the setting sun shining its light on the car.

SAM_1652.JPG

Comment

• SUNSET 005.JPG
                              02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-Dc
                              02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
                              03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                              03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                              04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                              04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
                              04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                              04 TR-TR htp-sand 7 states
                              04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 15 states-DC
                              05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 -3 states
                              05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
                              05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC

Comment

• MTT
                                02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-Dc
                                02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
                                03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                                03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                                04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                                04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
                                04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                                04 TR-TR htp-sand 7 states
                                04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 15 states-DC
                                05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 -3 states
                                05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
                                05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC

Comment

Working...
                                X