Hard Top / Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Top / Convertible

Picked this up to enjoy Summer evenings and probably flip next Spring. 08 One owner, 27K miles, all options inc. factory Nav with hdd.

Nicely done, Ric! Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Very nice interior - good looking car.
      Best Joey-ism (Friends) ever:
      "The point is Moo. It's like a cow's opinion...it's 'Moo'."
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkJ4BUChxI

Comment

Thank you Jim and Gene. My wife never drove the T Bird, her choice, but has driven this a few times and really likes it.

Comment

I've always wanted one. Good luck with it Ric!
          Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Interesting, very interesting. A retractable hardtop just like Ford did in the late 50's. Nothing new here. Nice looking car. Can we ask how much for this low mileage 08?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Howlandd View Post
              Interesting, very interesting. A retractable hardtop just like Ford did in the late 50's. Nothing new here. Nice looking car. Can we ask how much for this low mileage 08?
              Dan, Well, we can certainly ask but the gentleman has already said he will probably flip it in the spring so I'd bet against his telling the how much.

We were at the dealership three weeks with our trade and cash for a 2012 Chrysler 200 retractable with 4500 miles when advised it just sold. Yes, I'm going to have one before I kick!
              2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post

Dan, Well, we can certainly ask but the gentleman has already said he will probably flip it in the spring so I'd bet against his telling the how much.

We were at the dealership three weeks with our trade and cash for a 2012 Chrysler 200 retractable with 4500 miles when advised it just sold. Yes, I'm going to have one before I kick!
                You are a wise man Bill....... Actually I was looking for a 200 retractable when I stumbled across this one.
                Dan: I like the 57/59 Ford retractable HT's but I never thought they could get the back end to look just right, very boxy.

Comment

As a Chrysler fan I've always favored the look of the Sebring over the now discontinued 200.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                    As a Chrysler fan I've always favored the look of the Sebring over the now discontinued 200.
                    Gene, I also like my 300C as well as any GM product that I ever owned. Gene the 200 received rave reviews for reliability as opposed to the Sebring. Ric, I've asked any Sebring retractable owner I could find about their cars and to a person they had nothing bad to say!

Comment

Bill and Ric - I agree that the old Fords did look boxy. I tried to word my question about "how much" so that it could mean how much did you pay OR how much when it is flipped. Let the readers decide which???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Howlandd View Post
                        Bill and Ric - I agree that the old Fords did look boxy. I tried to word my question about "how much" so that it could mean how much did you pay OR how much when it is flipped. Let the readers decide which???
                        Dan, that's exactly how I read it, to mean either.

Comment

Not meaning to high jack the thread but in response to this comment:

Originally posted by wcoates View Post

Gene, I also like my 300C as well as any GM product that I ever owned. Gene the 200 received rave reviews for reliability as opposed to the Sebring. Ric, I've asked any Sebring retractable owner I could find about their cars and to a person they had nothing bad to say!
                          If the only fault you find with the 300 is that the top doesn't go down this might be good compromise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZz4csdeS5M

I have been negotiating on a car with one of their conversions (not a Chrysler) going on a year now.

For all those who say "you get what you pay for", I imagine you get a lot.The cost of the conversion for the car I am considering was $30,000 plus coast to coast shipping twice.

Comment

Originally posted by AyPapiii View Post
                            Not meaning to high jack the thread but in response to this comment:

If the only fault you find with the 300 is that the top doesn't go down this might be good compromise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZz4csdeS5M

I have been negotiating on a car with one of their conversions (not a Chrysler) going on a year now.

For all those who say "you get what you pay for", I imagine you get a lot.The cost of the conversion for the car I am considering was $30,000 plus coast to coast shipping twice.
                            https://youtu.be/8H_G8leriVY

Dang !

Comment

Double dang! I guess money really can buy happiness.

And here I am driving a crappy Chevy rental because some moron hit my 300c in a parking lot. Took off without so much as leaving a note.
                              Last edited by 007Cruiser; Aug 14, 2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X