Broken Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Windshield

As a big truck went by me in the opposite direction I heard a loud bang on my windshield. Didn't see anything bad right away. The next day when I backed out of the garage I saw a crack in my windshield from the top of the glass to the mirror. Got out of the car and there was a little chip in the crack where something hit it. I can't believe it. I just had a windshield replaced in my Subaru. I hope there are no problems with getting this one replaced.

There is a small Thunderbird emblem on the factory windshield right above the alarm light on the dash. If that kind of thing is important to you, you might ask about it. The glass supplier I used wanted 100 bucks more for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbear View Post
      There is a small Thunderbird emblem on the factory windshield right above the alarm light on the dash. If that kind of thing is important to you, you might ask about it. The glass supplier I used wanted 100 bucks more for it.
      So did you pay?

Comment

My installer is asking for $60 more for a Ford windshield, that does have the bird.
        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
        - 48&DC

Comment

Go with the factory one. It is 1mm thicker and a lot stronger so my glass man told me.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post

So did you pay?
            Yes I paid.

Comment

I paid $100.00 more when I had my windshield replaced to get the one with the bird.
              The Pen Maker
              2003 Evening Black Premium Thunderbird with Performance White hard top with standard interior- 1 of 13 built

Comment

Mine is the original pitted model with heat and bird. My question ... how's the remaining supply of the originals? And of course I'd pay

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                  Mine is the original pitted model with heat and bird. My question ... how's the remaining supply of the originals? And of course I'd pay
                  Heat ? Are there windshield heaters ? Never noticed that...mine is pretty pitted and I'm tempted to replace it...good to know these things guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuchsaudio View Post

Heat ? Are there windshield heaters ? Never noticed that...mine is pretty pitted and I'm tempted to replace it...good to know these things guys.
                    There are wires (2003 for sure) that heat up where the wipers rest. Supposedly turn on automatically at a certain temperature or turn on with the rear window defroster. Don't know if they work; never drove it in snow or freezing rain.
                    T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
                    Richard & Gordon

Comment

Working...
                    X