This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by couture View Post
    Get the Ridgeline, you'll love it. I bought mine last April and have 7800 trouble free miles on it. There are so many great things about this truck. I have owned F-150's , Dodges, GMCs and a Ranger. This Ridgeline is the best of all of them. Go to the Honda Ridgeline forum and you'll get the whole scoop. Of course I can never leave anything stock ( except for my 2002 Bird ) so I added a few aftermarket items to my RLT-E .
    That's a great looking truck Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by yelobird2002 View Post
      Dealer incentives come into play on this. Truck I bought was on a lot for a year and the incentives apparently piled up.
      If the vehicle was still eligible for X plan, the dealer would have had to give them ALL to you, even special unadvertised dealer rebates in addition to the X plan discount, It probably was no longer eligible for X plan... otherwise its almost impossible to beat the X plan price (unless its an employee A or Z plan) on an eligible vehicle.
      Quickdraw
      Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsAndBugs View Post

That's a great looking truck Richard.
        Yes it is. Glad they got rid of the hideous sloped sides of the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

If the vehicle was still eligible for X plan, the dealer would have had to give them ALL to you, even special unadvertised dealer rebates in addition to the X plan discount, It probably was no longer eligible for X plan... otherwise its almost impossible to beat the X plan price (unless its an employee A or Z plan) on an eligible vehicle.
          Harry, as you know there are a lot of other factors that, depending on individual dealer volume, play into pricing. Unit incentives over XXX amount per month, and hold backs. Also if a plan buyer is accepting all the rebates and discounts they are not eligible for 0 percent financing offers, and that is where the dealer can pick up a ton of profit, as well as the trade in if there is one. My son is one of three F&I Managers at a very large high volume Ford store and I can assure you, if there is a trade and financing involved they can, will and do beat X A or Z plan pricing if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

Harry, as you know there are a lot of other factors that, depending on individual dealer volume, play into pricing. Unit incentives over XXX amount per month, and hold backs. Also if a plan buyer is accepting all the rebates and discounts they are not eligible for 0 percent financing offers, and that is where the dealer can pick up a ton of profit, as well as the trade in if there is one. My son is one of three F&I Managers at a very large high volume Ford store and I can assure you, if there is a trade and financing involved they can, will and do beat X A or Z plan pricing if necessary.
            Ask your son HOW they can beat X plan pricing? And if Ford offers zero percent financing then X plan buyers also get that rate. If the dealer is offering zero % financing by over charging somewhere else then of course the x plan buyer would not get that but the total deal is still less $ out of his pocket.

And why would they decline a $1500 check from Ford unless they make MORE money by charging the customer more and avoiding the Ford mandated restrictions. Dealers DO NOT get cars cheaper depending on their volume. A dealer that sells one car a week pays the same price as a dealer that sells one an hour. Financing and trade ins are outside the scope of X plan... For X plan Ford doesn't require a vehicle be financed in a certain way, the dealer can accept the X plan (if he can live with the restrictions) and collect the ~$1500 and then finance it any way he wants. The only reason a dealer would refuse X plan on an eligible vehicle is if he was ripping the customer off in some way. Hold back is hold back and applies to X plan and non-Xplan vehicles.
            Quickdraw

Comment

Okay: I'll tell you how. On the Invoice you have MSRP..Invoice Price...A and Z plan....D plan.....X Plan , which is, depending on cost of vehicle a couple hundred over invoice. Yes, all dealers pay the same for the vehicle, except for transportation cost, however, volume dealers DO receive a quarterly bonus based on exceeding a units delivered goal. The dealer does NOT receive $1,500 back on every X plan deal. It depends on the qualifying vehicle price. IE: a Fiesta may me a few hundred and an F150 could be $1,500. I don't know what the new car market is like in your area but here any smart buyer that does their research can buy a new car behind invoice, it happens every day. IE: the customer in looking at a vehicle and says " well I have to get my PIN before I can purchase" No you don't, I'll sell you the car today without a PIN for the same price. X plan is the price for that PIN holder. They may elect to take 0% but they don't get X plan then all the rebates and 0%. They get X plus zero if the want. I didn't say a dealer would refuse X plan to a customer, I said they can beat X plan if they choose and not by ripping a customer off. If it is a financed deal other than 0% the Feds allow up to 2% on the rate to be made and the dealer can hold back any amount they want to on a trade. Bottom line is, smart buyers can and do buy better than x plan.

Comment

I'm taking both of you with me when I make my next deal.

Comment

Okay: I'll tell you how. On the Invoice you have MSRP..Invoice Price...A and Z plan....D plan.....X Plan , which is, depending on cost of vehicle a couple hundred over invoice. Yes, all dealers pay the same for the vehicle, except for transportation cost, however, volume dealers DO receive a quarterly bonus based on exceeding a units delivered goal. The dealer does NOT receive $1,500 back on every X plan deal. It depends on the qualifying vehicle price. IE: a Fiesta may me a few hundred and an F150 could be $1,500. I don't know what the new car market is like in your area but here any smart buyer that does their research can buy a new car behind invoice, it happens every day. IE: the customer in looking at a vehicle and says " well I have to get my PIN before I can purchase" No you don't, I'll sell you the car today without a PIN for the same price. X plan is the price for that PIN holder. They may elect to take 0% but they don't get X plan then all the rebates and 0%. They get X plus zero if the want. I didn't say a dealer would refuse X plan to a customer, I said they can beat X plan if they choose and not by ripping a customer off. If it is a financed deal other than 0% the Feds allow up to 2% on the rate to be made and the dealer can hold back any amount they want to on a trade. Bottom line is, smart buyers can and do buy better than x plan.
                  OMG, can you try to throw in any other irrelevant topics to attempt to confuse the issue? If you can not name a SPECIFIC instance where a buyer can get the car for less than they would if they had used the X plan then this will be my last post on the topic - if you cant name a SPECIFIC instance then you might want to throw in the manufacturing process to further attempt to confuse the issue.

You admit X plan is a couple hundred $ over dealer invoice and then you say a smart buyer can get it for LESS???? LOL, yes, but ONLY if a dealer is crazy enough to sell the car at a loss. The D plan is dealer employee price and I believe it is the same as X plan price. The A and Z plan prices are the same. I suppose your son doesn't use the D plan does he? He is smart enough to force his employer, the dealer, to sell him a the car at a loss, isn't he? And not only sell it for a loss he turns his back on the approximate $1,500 check Ford would have sent them. That's one smart dealer.

Then you throw in transportation cost to try to further muddy the issue... you said:Yes, all dealers pay the same for the vehicle, except for transportation cost, FYI all dealers pay the SAME transportation cost for a given vehicle, whether the vehicle is delivered across the street or delivered across the country, the transportation cost is the SAME for both dealers. If your son really does work for a dealer he should be able to set you straight on this.

You said : Bottom line is, smart buyers can and do buy better than x plan. Please tell me WHY the dealer wouldn't sell this smart buyer the car lower than X plan, then take his PIN and get an additional ~$1,500 from Ford?
                  Quickdraw

Comment

Don't know what this means but my dealer, Bill Jarett Ford, always has a sticker on their new cars and trucks that is always $2,000 to $2,500 below the sticker price of the vehicle. They don't dicker on price, you pay the price they have hanging from the mirror. But they also do $20.00 oil and filter changes. Just had the Bird done this week..

They must be making money because they just built a big addition across the street just to do oil changes and tire rotations.
                    They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                    Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

OMG, can you try to throw in any other irrelevant topics to attempt to confuse the issue? If you can not name a SPECIFIC instance where a buyer can get the car for less than they would if they had used the X plan then this will be my last post on the topic
                      So, you are asking me to provide you with names of buyers that have bought a vehicle for less than X plan so you can call them to confirm? LOL.

Here, I'll take out all the irrelevant topics IE: trade in, financing, dealer incentives etc: so you can grasp it. In the Atlanta market a new Ford can be bought at invoice all day long. Pick a dealer and a stock number and work the Sales Manager or GM. It's not all that difficult.

Comment

So, you are asking me to provide you with names of buyers that have bought a vehicle for less than X plan so you can call them to confirm? LOL.

Here, I'll take out all the irrelevant topics IE: trade in, financing, dealer incentives etc: so you can grasp it. In the Atlanta market a new Ford can be bought at invoice all day long. Pick a dealer and a stock number and work the Sales Manager or GM. It's not all that difficult.
                        Well now I'm convinced you are just playing stupid to piss me off... Here, follow this link and read the THIRD PARAGRAPH http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...57#post1012757 (HINT: The third paragraph starts out with the words "The second case where the dealer claims to have beaten the X plan price..." See? This is an example of a dealer claiming to have beaten the X plan price but instead ripped the customer off by $2,500.

Spence, what are you talking about? The discussion isn't how much below window price a dealer sells a car, the discussion is about a dealer selling a car for less than X plan price. Would you also read post number 10? (HERE: http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...57#post1012757 ) And are you saying you are too smart to use a X plan PIN because your dealer sells cars for a loss "all day long" ? LOL! Dot bought her Inca from Bill Jarret Ford, ask her if she threw away her X plan PIN. Please post her answer on this thread.

Quickdraw

Comment

~~~~~
                          No Ric, I want you to give me an example of a deal where the dealer DOESNT want a check for about $1,500 from Ford when the vehicle was eligible for X plan.
                          Quickdraw

Comment

Stop arguing Harry, Ric is like GOOGLE, he knows everything.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, last night I bought my truck. I bought a 2017 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew in a dark blue color called Blue Jeans at Team Ford Lincoln. My wife and I went there last night to look at a couple of XL trucks with the STX package as I found they had some really good pricing online. With the dealer discount and $6500 in Ford rebates, the vehicles I was looking at were about $30,800 - $31,050. Well, parked inside the showroom were some vehicles that had manager special tags on them. The salesman said these specials are normally on vehicles that have been on the lot a long time. My F150 has a November 2016 build date and had been on their lot since January. The MSRP was $45,370 and was marked down to $33,328 after dealer discount and $6500 in rebates. For only a couple thousand more, this XLT had a lot of nice features over the STX. It has the 3.5 liter Ecoboost V6, 10 speed transmission,power seats, and that fancy trailer package where it will back a trailer for you like the TV commercial. It also has the XLT chrome package which gave you some upgraded chrome wheels and running boards. This was helpful as it was harder for me to get into the trucks that didn't have these as my legs have never been completely back to normal after the paralysis caused by Guillane Barre Syndrome. Also my wife is 4' 9" so she couldn't get in to the trucks that didn't have them very easily. So this replaced two vehicles in our household (a 2003 Subaru Baja pickup and my 2010 Lincoln Town Car) and will be my daily driver.

Here's a photo I snapped right before they backed it out of the showroom at Team Ford.

Comment

Greg, that's a GOOD looking truck! It would never fit in our garage, so I am waiting on the new Rangers. Supposed to be a mid-size, probably about the size of our '99 F-150.

Hope it treats you well.

RBIRD (Bob)
                                Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X