Kissimmee Mecum Jan 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post
    Can't copy Mecum pics but look at the paint job in this link.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-31...d-thunderbird/
    This makes sense to me if you want to compete with Ron. He has many individual colors. This would be cheaper by having all those colors on one car,

Bird is the word.....
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
      Ric thanks for posting that pic. The image gave a really goood view of the longer headlight shields that I am searching for with NO luck finding so far...That paint job is one of a kind for sure..But everbody has there own taste
      Tommy, I never noticed those close up but I think they are just sheet stainless steel....it someone that already has these can measure the thickness you can buy a small sheet of polished stainless steel and cut them out yourself or have a sheet metal shop do it for you. A template would be easy to trace from the original even while installed on a car - maybe using masking tape stuck to the top and an outline drawn with a ball point pen. Someone here can recommend a durable double sided tape to affix them. A sheet metal shop should also be able be able bend the curvature. Once you have a template and the thickness of the material you are half way home... Besides a sheet metal shop, any body shop that does any custom work at all should be able to complete the task.

If you know someone who already has these, ask if they can stop at a friendly body shop to measure the thickness and maybe make a template. If they are entrepreneurial they may even agree to make a few sets of sheets for resale.

Comment

Thanks Ric I appreciate that reply !!

Comment

Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

This makes sense to me if you want to compete with Ron. He has many individual colors. This would be cheaper by having all those colors on one car,
          Thanks for mudding that up.
          02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. acc.#165 - 21 states-Dc
          02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
          03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
          03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
          04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white #137 - 20 states-DC
          04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
          04 Merlot-Merlot htp-sand-B.Grassnig- 16 states-DC
          04 TR-TR htp-sand 7 states
          04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 9 states-DC
          05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 -1 state
          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
          05 Dusk Rose-DR & C/mere htps-cashmere seats - 48&DC

Comment

Thanks for that ideal Harry.. I am checking into that ideal..Once I do either find a set already made or I have to have a set made I will paint them to match my T-Bird .. Right now I am getting really close to pulling the trigger on the driverside spotlight.I bought 2 spotlights off of E-Bay but they were 6 inch spots and that was just to big.So I have found a 5 inch that I am waiting on to arrive now.And that I will also paint to match the car color.

Comment

The multi-colored formerly Black Thunderbird got to $7500 before going to the bid goes on lot. That custom paint job was not a great investment, if that was the owner's intention. With baby birds it still isn't a good resale idea to modify them very much either. Although some better brakes and a few other changes would make them more fun to drive.
              sigpic

Comment

The 2005 Cashmere with 7,075 miles (Lot T115) sold today. It hammered down at $31,000 plus the $3,100 buyer's commission for a grand total of $34,100. This is the highest price I've seen for a Cashmere so far, it was number 655 of the 1500 produced. Ron, you may be on to something with your Tbird collection. Other than it's just plain cool to have a Thunderbird Collection, color me Green with envy. All I have is a collection of stocks, funds and ETFs... and one red Tbird.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                  Ron, you may be on to something with your Tbird collection. Other than it's just plain cool to have a Thunderbird Collection, color me Green with envy. All I have is a collection of stocks, funds and ETFs... and one red Tbird.
                  Funny you should mention your collection, I was at breakfast today with a retired Dentist friend and his wife and the conversation was all about the Thunderbirds. The wife is crazy about the Dusk Rose and he liked the 007 I was driving. The conversation turned to how much money I had tied up in them and I replied it did not matter as I have met great friends and seen many beautiful and interesting things since I got the Thunderbirds. I reminded him that no one every asks about my Ford Stock, mutual funds, property, and etc., but many great conversations have been started about the Thunderbirds. A Thunderbird collection is a lot more fun.
                  02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. acc.#165 - 21 states-Dc
                  02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
                  03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                  03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                  04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white #137 - 20 states-DC
                  04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
                  04 Merlot-Merlot htp-sand-B.Grassnig- 16 states-DC
                  04 TR-TR htp-sand 7 states
                  04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 9 states-DC
                  05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 -1 state
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
                  05 Dusk Rose-DR & C/mere htps-cashmere seats - 48&DC

Comment

You're right about the fun of owning and driving our Thunderbirds. I've tried numerous other cars over the last 12 years and when I think about not having a Bird to wash, wax, admire and drive then I walk away. You have a long history with the Thunderbird having been a Assembly Plant Mgr. who built them. I guess it gets in your blood just as stock investing got into my blood. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do while I'm brewing a pot of coffee is turn on CNBC's Squawk Box.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis45 View Post

Hope nobody in my neighbourhood buys it. I'd have to move. Man that's ugly.
                      Move. Me too.
                      2002 Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                      2015 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0T 240HP, 270FP Torque
                      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...8&username=hks

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post

Move. Me too.
                        it didn't sell when i was there thursday it was out back waiting for someone to bid 10,000 or above.

Comment

Originally posted by stewbob View Post

it didn't sell when i was there thursday it was out back waiting for someone to bid 10,000 or above.
                          it would be a pile of rust waiting for a bid from me.

sigpic
                          Dennis, Okanogan Wine Country.
                          2004 Merlot Premium
                          2013 Honda CRV, Toad for the Motorhome.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post
                            Thanks Cal:

Lot K113 The 03 MSG with 290 miles on it sold for $32,450 with fee that's $35,695 also K37 an 02 TB Blue with 38K miles sold for $18,150 + fee. Can't copy Mecum pics but look at the paint job in this link.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-31...d-thunderbird/
                            That Lot K113 was $32,450 with the 10% buyer's fee included. On the Mecum infonet the selling price is not the hammer price but the total including the fee. Same with K37, the hammer price was $16,500 then you add $1650. and you get the $18,150. total.
                            sigpic

Comment

It appears that the G50 the 2002 Evening Black Thunderbird with 10,000 miles was either pulled from the auction or sold prior to being auctioned. W73.1 was no reserve and was never auctioned either. As long as Mecum gets their commissions I suppose they're happy. Also J70 (59,000 miles) an '03 MSG got up to $13K and still hasn't sold, same deal with J264 (21,000 miles) an '03 EB, got to $17K but didn't sell yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                                It appears that the G50 the 2002 Evening Black Thunderbird with 10,000 miles was either pulled from the auction or sold prior to being auctioned. W73.1 was no reserve and was never auctioned either. As long as Mecum gets their commissions I suppose they're happy. Also J70 (59,000 miles) an '03 MSG got up to $13K and still hasn't sold, same deal with J264 (21,000 miles) an '03 EB, got to $17K but didn't sell yet.
                                Up close and personal the MSG was a real mess and I'm surprised it got to $13K. The EB had bad orange peel in both rear quarters and the back bumper was obviously repainted.....Was a fun time.

Comment

Working...
                                X