Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Sightings of Thunderbirds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Except for a dozen or two in Elizabethton, TN, most retros are now in Fla. Not a rare sight at all, here. I think they now outnumber the Official State Car - the Mercury Grand Marquis (sometimes disguised as a Ford LTD or Lincoln Town Car)!
    - Ted
    Titusville, Florida
    We're all Bozos on this bus.
    sigpic
    2005 Bronze, modified & customized
    One of 16, before I started messin' with it...
    Grill Story Photos

    Comment


    • #47
      Good day today:

      Merlot with continental tire kit, main street, Greenville SC at 8:50 this morning on the way to farmers market. Parked at Grille Marks restaurant. Top down

      Red bird with hard top, southbound on i85 at MM 02 near Kings Mountain NC.

      Red bird, Burlington NC at Smoking in the Carolinas, JR's parking lot

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by DaiUyTed View Post
        Except for a dozen or two in Elizabethton, TN, most retros are now in Fla. Not a rare sight at all, here. I think they now outnumber the Official State Car - the Mercury Grand Marquis (sometimes disguised as a Ford LTD or Lincoln Town Car)!
        That's funny Ted, although some may not get it.....When I lived in Clearwater it was either a Chrysler 5th Ave with the 1/2 padded top or a Buick LeSabre Limited.

        Comment


        • #49
          June 10, 2018 - - - Park Rapids, MN, Gray 2003, driven by Bob. Seen in HUGO parking lot. Great to meet you Bob.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Dan glad to see you finding other birds. We live in a part of the country where getting a club going is near impossible. You, me, Pete, and Roger Quern are all in the same boat. I'm excited to be getting involved with The Villages Thunderbird Club...monthly get together s and state parks etc.. Where we live we're all about 100 miles apart...

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
              ~~~~~ I'm excited to be getting involved with The Villages Thunderbird Club...monthly get together s and state parks etc.. Where we live we're all about 100 miles apart...
              100 miles apart and still in The Villages!! That isn't much of an exaggeration... The Villages is an interesting story for those unfamiliar with its history...

              Comment


              • #52
                On Wednesday last I was at 'Cruise DL Night' on the beach car show. Of over 250 cars there were four retros present. Mine, a Cashmere, a red and a white. The 02 red caught my attention. It had a black fabric boot that was perfectly smooth and no visible snaps....What gives? As to The Villages it is dubbed as Disneyland for seniors. 700 holes of free golf, 19 Olympic pools and over 250 clubs you can join. I've been working on VTC Village Thunderbird Club for 2 years now and it is slowly coming together. Tentative plans call for a monthly meeting and a monthly cruise of interest probably some Florida State Parks. None of this is available where we now live..

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                  I've been working on VTC Village Thunderbird Club for 2 years now and it is slowly coming together. Tentative plans call for a monthly meeting and a monthly cruise of interest probably some Florida State Parks. None of this is available where we now live..
                  That's terrific Greg. I would recommend keeping it to one event per month. Maybe a dinner some months and periodically a cruise or overnight trip somewhere else. Also if you try to do it pretty consistently on the same weekend every month, it's easier for people to plan for it too. We generally do our dinners on the 3rd Saturday of each month; but occasionally it is on the 4th Saturday in months like this one where there are 5 Saturdays.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Greg I'm hoping Stewart will read your reply and forward on to Robert our president. They're voting on a new name..my vote was for Central Florida Thunderbirds

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Probably better to discuss this in the VTC thread. My name suggestion would be Waiting Room Thunderbird Club.

                      VTC thread:http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...-meeting-today
                      .

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                        ... The 02 red caught my attention. It had a black fabric boot that was perfectly smooth and no visible snaps....[B]What gives?....
                        sounds like the 02 boot cover, my favorite in looks but.... draw back is that it's cumbersome to store in trunk as it's rather stiff and only semi folds once.
                        TBN TOTM 2018 Calendars free to download.

                        Porthole Authority

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          was it an option Dot? no snaps?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                            was it an option Dot? no snaps?
                            not an option, came standard with all the 2002s. Some sold theirs and bought foldable ones, particularly when Ford redesigned it for the 2003 and later years, with a foldable one.

                            It does have snaps hidden underneath with positioning tabs to help the person putting it on to locate where the snaps were.
                            TBN TOTM 2018 Calendars free to download.

                            Porthole Authority

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Thanks Dot...I did like the look

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Went to get my dogs from the groomers and saw a sweet looking brunette probably in her 30's driving a 02 Thunderbird blue with hardtop at the intersection on Rampart and Lake Mead around 10:30 this morning. Much younger and hotter than the typical T-Bird driver.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X