Back Home from Pappasitos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Home from Pappasitos

After our long 30 min drive home from Smyrna, Donna and I are home safe. Hope all others get home safely by sometime Monday. A special thank you to Mike and Jeannie for putting on a great annual event. We enjoyed every minute of the activities BUT most of all it was so great to see old friends and make new new ones. We look forward to seeing everyone again. It is so wonderful to have friends who live all over the country. Donna's and my life are definitely enriched by knowing you all, and calling you our friends. Thank you.
    Steve&Donna

Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
    After our long 30 min drive home from Smyrna, Donna and I are home safe. Hope all others get home safely by sometime Monday. A special thank you to Mike and Jeannie for putting on a great annual event. We enjoyed every minute of the activities BUT most of all it was so great to see old friends and make new new ones. We look forward to seeing everyone again. It is so wonderful to have friends who live all over the country. Donna's and my life are definitely enriched by knowing you all, and calling you our friends. Thank you.
    Ditto on Steve’s comment except it didn’t take us quite as long to get home. It was good to have several first timers there also!
    Ray & Sharon

Comment

Paul and I are in Tupelo , MS and the temp is in the 40's!!! Will make it home tomorrow.

Thanks to Dave, Jeannie, Mike and Debbie for all their work and hospitality.
      Birds of the 48
      15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Ron and I made it to Elizabethton at 6pm, we arrived safely and without any incidents. Thanks Jeannie, David, Mike and Debbie for all the hard work, great times as always. Great seeing everyone again.
        "It's not ALL about the cars.
        Its about the people who drive them." --Tom Aglio

Comment

Arrive home at 9:01 PM. Entire trip mileage, to and from was 1,027 miles. Thank you Jeanne, David, Debbie & Mike for a wonderful adventure..
          Last edited by 03TEEBIRD; Feb 12, 2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Home about 7:30PM after 6 hours of driving time, temp 75*. Had great meals from the diner to the cafeteria buffet. On Thursday always love what diners have to offer and dinner was great, Friday's dinner; Franks at the Mill was just wonderful and Saturdays dinner at Hanna Brothers Studio was the best cafeteria buffet we have ever enjoyed. Friday's tour of the Delta Flight Museum was very interesting and informative as well as Saturdays bus tour of movie and show locations in the areas of Peachtree City, Senoia, and surrounding towns. Best show was the Million Dollar Quartet! Unfortunately no photos or videos were permitted of the show.

A great big THANK YOU to Jeannie, and probably David, as well as Debbie and Mike Flynn for their contribution to this great weekend.

Thanks so Much,
            Richard & Gordon
            Last edited by Birdlover; Feb 11, 2018, 08:57 PM.
            T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
            Richard & Gordon

Comment

We pulled in the driveway around 9:30 pm. We had rain all through Ga. About 20 miles into Fla. the clouds parted, blue sky and temps. went from 65* to 79*..........we knew we were home. ​ Had a great time and thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this long weekend together.
              Million Dollar Quartet!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0co5PfA563s
              Last edited by Gobird; Feb 11, 2018, 09:55 PM.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

UPDATE: Arrived home at 2:30 this afternoon. Stayed at exit 110 in Ky on I-75 where I left my vehicle after Ted and I met up. This morning temperatures in mid-20s. Three miles up I-75 hi-way was terribly iced over for about a 10-12 mile stretch. One semi in the median strip and the slower two of three lanes had semis just dead stopped and couldn't make a slight grade. Truck in slowest lane even stopped and put out red marker cones. CRAZY! Obviously glad to be home and safe.

Ted Sturgeon and I drove six hours to find that my car was still at the hotel where it was left on Wednesday. Sky opened up only once for a short period. We did encounter Dr. Zimsky once on I-75 he turned on the afterburners and roared up the interstate. Apparently he is still in our galaxy.

Like Spence and Judy, we saw marked temp changes. went from 60s to 50s to 40s to a whopping 37.

Ted has 10 hours tomorrow straight north up I-75 where he is guaranteed to see snow. I have only 6 more hours to go north east to get to sunny, sunny Ohio/Pa border area.

Thanks to Jeannie, Mike and Debbie and that guy who resembled David A. (like a fine wine, mellowing with age).

Last edited by wcoates; Feb 12, 2018, 01:51 PM.
                Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Bill did your lovely make the trip?

Comment

Barb and I got home last night around 7pm. Pretty good trip, wet roads but no real rain, just mist. Had a great time in Georgia, it will be on " Georgia,Georgia, on my mind" for a while. Much better roads than South Carolina too! Thank you David A., Jeannie, Mike Flynn (Mr. Delta) and Debbie for the great hosts and travel guides. Thanks to Ron and Mike for helping a lost soul find a Restaurant he drove right by and finally, Thanks to David for saying to me as I was leaving, "Thanks for coming, Cal" It meant a lot to me to hear that.
                    sigpic

Comment

We made it back safely to Stafford, VA by 11:00pm and did not hit a drop of rain.

Thank to everyone involved in putting the trip together and for making us feel so welcomed for our first visit to Pappasitos!

Janet and Keith
                      2003 Thunderbird - MSG
                      1994 Viper - Viper Red
                      2013 Silverado - Burgundy
                      2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid - MSG
                      2520 Deere - Green

Comment

After Pappisitos we went to Ikea and then stayed with good friends in the Georgia countryside for the night.
                        Arrived home Monday afternoon around 4pm

Comment

Enjoying reading about such a great time we missed at Pappasito’s Weekend because Karen is so sick. Doctor says no flu but almost pneumonia....still hacking and driving me nuts! See you all at the next great TBN event....wherever?!

Comment

Home today @ 5:15pm, our vehicle veered off the interstate once right into the Edinburgh IN outlet mall no damages to anything but the wallet .

Another fantastic event, great time , great people.
                            Thanks Mike, Debbie(get well soon), Jeannie and David.
                            sigpic

Comment

OOPS, I forgot to post that I made it home earlier this evening after dropping Bill off in Rogers. AR. Lots of good times to remember this past week! It was great to see everyone and to meet some new folks. We had several first timers at Pappasito's yesterday. Hope they enjoyed themselves well enough to come again. Sadly, we were missing some regulars due to illness or unknown reasons. Hope they all get better soon.

Thanks to Bill for keeping me company, since Rosetta couldn't make it. It will be 16 years ago next month when Bill and I first met. Sure glad he stopped by to say hello that day.

Thanks also to David and Jeannie for hosting Bill and I in their home again this year. We always have a great time when we visit them. Also, thanks to Mike and Debbie for inviting the group over to their house for refreshments and to be amazed again by Mike's train layout. Since Debbie had been ill all week it really wasn't necessary, but that's the kind of lady she is - a special hostess for sure.

Finally, thanks to David, Jeannie, Mike and Debbie for the planning and work they put in on a fun 3 days. I truly appreciate the efforts they put in to make it so effortless for the rest of us.

I'm already looking forward to next year. In the mean time, I can't wait till some of you show up in Oklahoma in a couple of months. We'll try to do our best to show you a good time as well.
                              16 years, 147K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 10 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !

Comment

Working...
                              X