Water leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak

Hope everyone is doing good and getting ready to take the top down for the summer! I had a water leak and had to take the intake manifold off to fix it. I am ready to put it back together is there any good resources out there to take me thru it step by step so I don't miss anything, Also is the fuel hose that goes across the rails a special hose or can any fuel line be used.

Needs to be fuel injection fuel line,Not regular mechanical fuel line and obviously the correct size
    sigpic

Comment

Why remove the intake? What year was this? I know you can change out a 2003 and later plastic coolant manifold by just removing the egr valve and throttle body. I did try to remove an intake on a Lincoln LS of 2001-2002 year range and almost broke a back intake bolt. Finally just lifted the front part of intake and left the bolt in back but alas the intake gaskets leaked vacuum. The gaskets are part of intake though. Real stupid design.

Comment

Like Mercedes Benz some of this "so-called" great European engineering ain't so great !

Comment

Originally posted by 428PI View Post
          Why remove the intake? What year was this? I know you can change out a 2003 and later plastic coolant manifold by just removing the egr valve and throttle body. I did try to remove an intake on a Lincoln LS of 2001-2002 year range and almost broke a back intake bolt. Finally just lifted the front part of intake and left the bolt in back but alas the intake gaskets leaked vacuum. The gaskets are part of intake though. Real stupid design.
          I just had this same hose go bad and they needed to remove the intake. It's a finger sized hose about 12" long with atleast 6 bends in it. It goes from the plastic housing and under the intake. (this was on a 2003)

Comment

It is a 2004, The 12" hose was leaking and the plastic neck was leaking after having to loosen up the manifold , I thought it would be better to put new manifold gaskets just to be safe.

Comment

It seems like the newer owners do a lot of their own repairs and it's a good thing or they would be shocked to find out how much it cost to do some of these repairs at the Dealer.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                It seems like the newer owners do a lot of their own repairs and it's a good thing or they would be shocked to find out how much it cost to do some of these repairs at the Dealer.
                My independent mechanic charged me $350. including the part from Ford. Could have saved money using a plain hose but he was concerned that flow might get restricted on the bends.

Comment

I wish that technician lived here. The two largest Ford dealers now charge $145/hour. If I drive to a smaller town it's $100/hour. Except for my Borla install I have stayed with Ford Service, hoping they are more experienced with our rather unique automobiles.
                  sigpic

Comment

I worked at Ford Lincoln dealerships 21 plus years ago and independent shop for 20 yrs and last yr at CarMax. At the independent shop we were roughly 75 bucks an hr. Now sure what we're at at CarMax. I seriously doubt that most dealerships have anybody experienced with these cars anymore.

Comment

I agree, Keith. They werenít familiar even when they were new.

Comment

Working...
                      X