X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad
    replied
    Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
    Same one I got. I paid $10 more. They will not sell the dust cover separate (I need one) Has dual locking wheels..good product
    Ahh, that explains where I got a darker dust cover (must have come with the cart from a hardtop I bought). The cover that have (apparently from that company) is badly ripped

Leave a comment:

• G-Bird
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidA View Post
    I just leave mine hanging on the hoist. Have done that for years and no problems.
    Yep, I hang mine from the ceiling as well when it is not on the car.

Leave a comment:

• BLACK BEAUTY
    replied
    Same one I got. I paid $10 more. They will not sell the dust cover separate (I need one) Has dual locking wheels..good product

Leave a comment:

• wcoates
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad View Post

Is it the white metal one that is bolted together?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-THUNDE...pXCQjH&vxp=mtr

Funny, never saw this cart advertised as a Bird accessory Bought more than one for storing Cadillac Allante tops when the advertising said they were a Mercedes product. Yes need bolted together ( a10 minute job) and they don't look like they will hold a thing but actually quite sturdy. Guessing they will hold a Bird top just fine. Please don't buy guys 'til someone says they have one and can attest to their ability.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Originally posted by Rondor View Post
    I have a universal cart from my old Mercedes S L and it is much better than the Ford cart. The dealer I bought my car from lost the T bird cart and gave me a discount for it.
    I have seen My cart on web sites but don't recall the Co. but they are around $100. very stable and easy to move. No strap needed.
    Is it the white metal one that is bolted together?

Leave a comment:

• Rondor
    replied
    I have a universal cart from my old Mercedes S L and it is much better than the Ford cart. The dealer I bought my car from lost the T bird cart and gave me a discount for it.
    I have seen My cart on web sites but don't recall the Co. but they are around $100. very stable and easy to move. No strap needed.

Leave a comment:

• DavidA
    replied
    I just leave mine hanging on the hoist. Have done that for years and no problems.

Leave a comment:

• RustyFrye
    replied
    Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
    I bungee to the wall
    But he manages to break free now and again to attend events...

bungee.JPG

Leave a comment:

• BLACK BEAUTY
    replied
    I bungee to the wall

Leave a comment:

• steelblue5505
    replied
    To my way of thinking the strap insures that if the cart with the top on it should for whatever reason start to tip over it all is going over. Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• 007Cruiser
    replied
    I really don’t think that the strap does much of anything. My top is stored on the car.

Leave a comment:

• 4LOWBIRDS+8
    replied
    2002 and 2003 have the straps, 2004 and 2005 do not have straps on the carrier.

Leave a comment:

• RustyFrye
    replied
    Same as shown in the photo. Prefer having the strap directly against the cover.

Leave a comment:

• Birdlover
    replied
    Don't use the strap. With five hardtops, only one came with the strap.

Leave a comment:

• 02-T-Bird
    replied
    I cover after the hood has been secured to the cart.

Ted

Leave a comment:

Working...
X