Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Insider secrets book"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Insider secrets book"

    Thunderbird specialties is selling this "Insider secrets of the 2002-2005 t-bird" book. Has anyone bought this book ? It's pretty hefty at $ 39 for a download or $ 69 for an actual book. Is it worth it ? Gotta admit, I'm tempted.

  • #2
    Just ask LA Phil..he'll tell you it's worth it...

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is a review from a JohnD at another site:
      "
      I received my copy yesterday and was disappointed after all the hype there were no secrets or real technical info. Makes several claims in the adverting and lives up to none. If you have never tried to read your owners manual to solve your issue this book says that is the best source, what kind of secret is that . Also mentions Thunderbird Specialties as the go to place for parts several times(I think that's where I saw the Hype ad for this 41 page book for $60 bucks). I never did find out what the ONE THING I MUST CHANGE right away was.
      So I keep this book handy to remind me that there are no miracles. This is only My opinion and you do as you wish It may help you but I was disappointed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Most of everything in that book came from TBN!

        Comment


        • #5
          The type of people books like this are targeted at are not the type to own a retro or be on this site. If you're dumb enough to buy it you may get some benefit from it.

          Comment


          • #6
            I wonder if he at least deleted everyone's names from the posts before he copied and pasted

            Comment


            • #7
              Yup ... you can not only read it here for free, but on TBN you can even ask specific questions and come back later and have the answers (not even the hardcopy book will do that!).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rondor View Post
                The type of people books like this are targeted at are not the type to own a retro or be on this site. If you're dumb enough to buy it you may get some benefit from it.
                Oh sure it is full of our ideas..good job Phil...you there? I can't even send an email?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I searched his old posts, not once did he ever offer any technical advice (unless it was something he was selling), but he always asked detailed specific questions...who knew he was copying and pasting each post!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I searched his old posts, not once did he ever offer any technical advice (unless it was something he was selling), but he always asked detailed specific questions...who knew he was copying and pasting each post!
                    Who owns the content of our posts on TBN? Copyright infringement!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

                      Who owns the content of our posts on TBN? Copyright infringement!
                      They "easy" way to find out would be to get a copy of his "book" post it online and then make it readily available for free. Let him sue you and then he would have to show proof that it was his original work

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I guess that covers that ! lol. Thanks guys.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

                          Who owns the content of our posts on TBN? Copyright infringement!
                          With Thunderbird Concepts No longer in business, for whatever reason(s) Phil seems to have a pretty good handle on the aftermarket accessories.
                          Last edited by 11TH GEN; Apr 17, 2018, 03:26 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post

                            Oh sure it is full of our ideas..good job Phil...you there? I can't even send an email?
                            Greg, I talk with him frequently, any message you want delivered?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ric= ask him if he has a source for a dash kit in DSB?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X