Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of car wash would you recommend ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5bird7
    started a topic What type of car wash would you recommend ...

What type of car wash would you recommend ...

if you use one for your Thunderbird?

question posed to me.

• yelobird2002
    replied
    Recommend one close by.

Leave a comment:

• Gobird
    replied
    Hand wash but on the road I use hand brush and wand only.

Leave a comment:

• Sealy
    replied
    Originally posted by wcoates View Post

Sealy, you prejudiced against redheads and brunettes?
    No prejudice, I just like scruffy blondes. I certainly wouldn't turn down a ginger with a bucket of suds and a wash mitt.

Leave a comment:

• 4LOWBIRDS+8
    replied
    Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post

Same thing by me, they do an excellent job on my Taurus but unfortunately the guide rails and retainer bars that contain the vehicle on track scrape the Thunderbird undercarriage at several points along the path.
    I have no problem, but I do have the 55 series tires on all mine.

Leave a comment:

• Quickdraw
    replied
    Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post

I have started using one that has the felt strips that drag over the top and down the sides of the car. The sides are cleaned by rotating felt brushes that do a great job. Nice coverage of soap goes on before the brushes and then a great high power rinse water followed by high power blow off. They provide a clean up canopy with towels, glass cleaner, and great vaccum hoses. By the way it does a great job on the tires and wheels.
    Same thing by me, they do an excellent job on my Taurus but unfortunately the guide rails and retainer bars that contain the vehicle on track scrape the Thunderbird undercarriage at several points along the path.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Dot, another thing I thought of, prior to the Tbird I had run our other cars for dozens of washes and never had any damage. Most car washes are each setup slightly differently with different equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    If needed I wipe down any needed areas with bug/tar spray and then hit the wheels with the chrome cleaner prior to going into the wash

Leave a comment:

• 4LOWBIRDS+8
    replied
    Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
    I think Brad answered the question the best since he has had experience with Automatic car wash places.

Anyone else want to put in their 2-cents worth about any particular kind of Automatic Car Wash place that they use?
    I have started using one that has the felt strips that drag over the top and down the sides of the car. The sides are cleaned by rotating felt brushes that do a great job. Nice coverage of soap goes on before the brushes and then a great high power rinse water followed by high power blow off. They provide a clean up canopy with towels, glass cleaner, and great vaccum hoses. By the way it does a great job on the tires and wheels.

merlot17.jpg

thunderbird blue2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 007Cruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
    Hand job unless the undercarriage needs cleaning..
    Try Charmin for the undercarriage.

Leave a comment:

• wcoates
    replied
    Originally posted by Sealy View Post
    If you have a blonde neighbor that likes to wear short-shorts and a cropped tank top, I'd recommend that.
    Sealy, you prejudiced against redheads and brunettes?

Eagle One Enviro Shine Car wash!

Leave a comment:

• 11TH GEN
    replied
    Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
    Hand job unless the undercarriage needs cleaning..

Leave a comment:

• BirdsAndBugs
    replied
    Here in Las Vegas, we have Terrible Herbst gas stations; many which also have car washes. I've generally used these automatic car washes for years for all our vehicles. After I run it through I generally bring it home to vacuum it and detail it with Turtle Wax Express Carnuba Wax (spray on). We have water restrictions here plus it's just too damn hot in the summer to sit outside washing multiple cars by hand.

Leave a comment:

• 5bird7
    replied
    I think Brad answered the question the best since he has had experience with Automatic car wash places.

Anyone else want to put in their 2-cents worth about any particular kind of Automatic Car Wash place that they use?

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    In the winter when they are using salt I often get 3 or 4 washes a week. I don't have a drain in the garage and that many hand car washes are expensive. I found an automatic wash by my house that has an option without high pressure water. During softtop season the only issue I have is during the drying cycle the air pressure is so high that it causes the rear window to flop around pretty bad, I just reach back and put pressure on the window during the dry and everything is ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X