At Last...my new love has come along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZTB View Post

Gene, the NM only had 200, unless you're referring to pastels only.
    Those count as Evening Black in my book.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, the color of the car according to Ford is desert sky blue. Is that correct or am I mistaken. Also, I thought each model year on the Thunderbird run was supposed to have its own unique color and mine, being a 2003, is desert sky blue and bought brand new off the showroom. Your beauty appears to be that same color but is a 2004. Do you see my confusion? Anyway, enjoy that dream car - you could not of done better!
      03FUNDER

Comment

Originally posted by FUNDERMAN View Post
        If I am not mistaken, the color of the car according to Ford is desert sky blue. Is that correct or am I mistaken. Also, I thought each model year on the Thunderbird run was supposed to have its own unique color and mine, being a 2003, is desert sky blue and bought brand new off the showroom. Your beauty appears to be that same color but is a 2004. Do you see my confusion? Anyway, enjoy that dream car - you could not of done better!
        Steve, If you are talking about Lynne’s car, it is a 2004 Vintage Mint Green. Photos sometimes don’t reproduce the color well, possibly due to lighting conditions. Also, notice the 7spoke chrome wheels are different from your 2003.
        Richard
        T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
        Richard & Gordon

Comment

"If I am not mistaken, the color of the car according to Ford is desert sky blue. Is that correct or am I mistaken."

No, Steve, Lynne has positively got a VMG on her hands. It IS a light color, & perhaps your screen sees it as blue.

RBIRD
          Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for clearing up everything guys. Perhaps I need new glasses again (LOL).
            03FUNDER

Comment

Never mind......

Last edited by RustyFrye; Jul 10, 2018, 05:19 PM.
              Bird is the word.....
              Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

It's a dang great looking car. Me-I'm red green color blind. Never saw a VMG that I didn't think was white.

Sister's getting me to play Mah Jong, you should hear the old ladies laugh when I call a red dragon green. Or as Rusty said {"oh never mind!")
                Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Isn't Blue/Green a type of color blindness? I seem to recall eye tests that used a background of blue dots and a number that was made of green dots. If you couldn't read the number you were blue/green color blind.

https://enchroma.com/pages/normal-color-vision Try it!
                  Last edited by EllisonCal; Jul 10, 2018, 05:40 PM. Reason: Color bind test.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not too bad with Blue/Green but I have a real problem with certain Blue/Gray shades. BTW, very pretty car Lynne. I would agree with Ron re: cracked/rotted boots. My guess is that over half or more here have the same issue. Unless you are hearing unusual noises or have an after market warranty that covers them why spend $3K.

Comment

wcoates Tried twice on Ebay and got outbid! Still on the look out:)

Just saw a silver TBird a few days back at the local Walmart. He was smart and hung out by the Living Hope church parking lot and avoided the hustle and bustle of cars/people. Was going to walk over to speak with him after I loaded my groceries but he took off before I had the chance. (Dang.) Also, saw a Thunderbird Blue zipping south down Meacham Road toward the Elgin/Ohare (390) yesterday. Top was down and he was cruising!!

Yes. I believe AZTB is spot on that the NM series of evening black would come in next after the Inca Gold. 4LOWBIRDS+8 has great taste in cars
                      FUNDERMAN Sorry, I misspoke the color is Desert Sky Blue not Robins Egg. I see what you mean though, depending on the lighting they look similar sometimes. I also know sometimes people may refer to the VMG as sea foam green.
                      Last edited by TBird1stLuv; Jul 10, 2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I see the prior owner installed the chrome tail light bezels.....now rare...if if like the look..

Comment

@BLACKBEAUTY I was wondering about the tail lights. So, it is an add on... Love the look too. Wish I could get a hold of the headlight option. Saw it on Thunderbird Specialties for a whopping 179 dollars. Thought that was too pricey for a couple of pieces of bling. Bought some chrome wrap to play with. Might consider making my own but not sure if it would work since there is no lip on the headlight bezel toward the front. A project for another day

Comment

Love my Merlot Bird, drive it nearly every day as long as it is not stormy out! Merlot in Cincinnati!

Comment

Ford made exactly 612 2005 Vintage Mint Green Thunderbirds.
                              Quickdraw
                              Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Quickdraw View Post
                                Ford made exactly 612 2005 Vintage Mint Green Thunderbirds.
                                Harry, VMG is a 2004 color. Is it true all VMG’s were built in 2003?
                                Last edited by Birdlover; Jul 12, 2018, 04:29 PM.
                                T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
                                Richard & Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X