Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a whisper white hardtop, stand, cover and tonneau cover worth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a whisper white hardtop, stand, cover and tonneau cover worth?

I am making a deal on another new vehicle and considering trading in the Thunderbird - If I trade it in without the white hardtop what could I sell it for? It is complete with cover, stand and cloth tonneau cover in excellent condition it has almost always just been in the garage covered up.

Hard tops aren't always easy to sell. Bulky and hard to transport. Price the car on KBB.com with the hard top and include it as part of the sale. Personally, I think you can negotiate a better trade with a complete car than with one that's "incomplete". I'm sure the next owner would appreciate having it too.

I guess that's what separates the real Thunderbird enthusiasts. I personally wouldn't even consider doing this. But, if it gets you an extra nickel or dime.....

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsAndBugs View Post
      Hard tops aren't always easy to sell. Bulky and hard to transport. Price the car on KBB.com with the hard top and include it as part of the sale. Personally, I think you can negotiate a better trade with a complete car than with one that's "incomplete". I'm sure the next owner would appreciate having it too.

I guess that's what separates the real Thunderbird enthusiasts. I personally wouldn't even consider doing this. But, if it gets you an extra nickel or dime.....
      Greg, Greg, Greg! Love ya like a brother from another mother but question calling a gent other than a real T-bird Enthusiast cause he's selling his top separate from the car is just a tad harsh IMHO. Many Many folks have never even put the Hardtop on after dragging it home and trying to store it in the corner of the garage.

Cover isn't going to get you a nickel on a trade. Tonneau ( if you mean boot) should go with the car I believe .

I had a deal on the top and carrier for $1250. The difference in KBB trade in with and without top was $500. I think if you can find a local buyer selling the top separately makes all the sense in the world. We've all seen them listed for $1700 and sold for as little as $500.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out!
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunde...from=R40&rt=nc
      Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
      2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

I guess my way of thinking is why wouldn't I want this car to be as enjoyable for the next owner as it has been for me. It wouldn't be worth it to me over a few hundred dollars.

Comment

I wouldn't sell my car without everything that goes with it. That includes all stickers and white covers and labels that came with the car from new.
          Last edited by Gobird; Aug 7, 2018, 06:43 PM.
          They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
          IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
          Visit the TBN Store

Comment

If the car was one of the special editions, I would be with Greg and Spence. This car isnít that so why not try to sell before trading it in? If no takers, have it go with the trade.

Comment

All good points - I am an enthusiast of all cars - love the bird but need the truck and have too many toys. I have never used the top but somebody else who is an enthusiast not too far away from central VA may really like it as the white top would look great on blue, red, black, etc...

Comment

I drove from Vegas to Fresno to pick up a white top for my T-bird and gave the guy $1500. a couple years ago. His wife had her T-bird T-Boned and totaled. The insurance company never asked him for the top and paid him for the car.

Comment

Working...
                X