Radio Chirp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Chirp

My 2005 Thunderbird radio on AM has a chirp in it and it gets worse when I go under a bridge. Any suggestions

Last edited by RustyFrye; May 6, 2020, 11:42 AM.
    Bird is the word.....
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

It is a signal loss for certain, & you say it doesn't happen at all when tuned to FM? Only AM?
      Mike

sigpic

Comment

Mine does the same thing on a weak signal. Try a stronger station.
        sigpic

Comment

That's normal for AM, especially if it's a weak station. My wife's 2008 Buick and my 2017 Chev pickup do the same thing.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

Comment

AM signals are much more susceptible to noise than FM signals. General noise is found across all frequencies and will add/subtract from the amplitude of a given signal and affects the sound you are hearing on AM (amplitude modulation). FM (frequency modulation) signals are not affected by changes in the amplitude. You hear more noise when you have signals bouncing around structures (like buildings and bridges).

Comment

A chirp is to be expected. You are in a bird.

Comment

GOOD one, Gene!
                Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The chirp is to warn you that the AM airwaves are full of propaganda.

Comment

Love the answers. I have three retro's and only does this on the 05. AM only and the station is very strong. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Working...
                    X