Hard Top On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Top On

Doesn't get any easier..getting the screws started..ugh.......no more 70+ degrees here...

You may need to adjust the location of the HT receivers for the screws.

Comment

With rear latches in the middle position while sitting in the seat, pull down on the top with one hand while pushing up on the tool and screw and turn. If it doesn't start try the other side and come back, if it doesn't start after a few tries "fit" the top

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        With rear latches in the middle position while sitting in the seat, pull down on the top with one hand while pushing up on the tool and screw and turn. If it doesn't start try the other side and come back, if it doesn't start after a few tries "fit" the top
        I use a different route.

I keep the top slightly elevated, push the screw up, and lower the top slowly to meet the screw. Then, I turn the screw gently, but I don't tighten.

Then, I do the same on the other side.
        2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
        2003 TBird black/saddle
        1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
        2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Jerry, now that you mention it I also do it in the order you describe

Comment

Thanks Jerry...next time

Comment

Here's a link showing how to adjust the hardtop screws.
              Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Working...
              X