No announcement yet.

MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For folks that love acceleration more than top end, try a Tesla S. In October I spent a weekend with an old friend in Longmont, Colorado and test drove his 2015 Tesla S 85D. It isn't even the fastest of the Teslas, but Wow with Dual motors, no wheelspin and just amazing acceleration. It felt like that push into your seat you get with a Jet plane as it hits full thrust on take off, but absolutely quiet. I floored it at a standstill and let off the pedal at around 80mph + and it was still pulling with no end in sight. Just amazing. There is a ride at DisneyWorld called "Test Track" that is similar but you are just a passenger.
    Last edited by EllisonCal; Dec 18, 2018, 09:47 AM. Reason: typo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
      For folks that love acceleration more than top end, try a Tesla S. In October I spent a weekend with an old friend in Longmont, Colorado and test drove his 2015 Tesla S 85D. It isn't even the fastest of the Teslas, but Wow with Dual motors, no wheelspin and just amazing acceleration. It felt like that push into your seat you get with a Jet plane as it hits full thrust on take off, but absolutely quiet. I floored it at a standstill and let off the pedal at around 80mph + and it was still pulling with no end in sight. Just amazing. There is a ride at DisneyWorld called "Test Track" that is similar but you are just a passenger.
      For a 5,000 pound car with 422 HP they run pretty well. 4 second 0-60 and a 12.7 quarter lets them hang right there with a Camaro SS or GT Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

For a 5,000 pound car with 422 HP they run pretty well. 4 second 0-60 and a 12.7 quarter lets them hang right there with a Camaro SS or GT Mustang.
        Maybe, but they don't sound as cool as the Camero or Mustang.

2004 Merlot Premium. 2013 Honda CRV, 2019 LTV Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis45 View Post

Maybe, but they don't sound as cool as the Camero or Mustang.
          I'm right with you there Dennis. I'm an old school RWD V8 stick shift flow master guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post

I'm right with you there Dennis. I'm an old school RWD V8 stick shift flow master guy.
            Believe it or not the silence is what makes the speed seem even faster One of the most eerie experiences I have had in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rondor View Post

Believe it or not the silence is what makes the speed seem even faster One of the most eerie experiences I have had in a car.
              Sorry, No Rumble, No Good.
              2004 Merlot Premium. 2013 Honda CRV, 2019 LTV Unity.

Comment

My neighbor had a Tesla, and one day told me that while my car was nice, it was time to ride in a fast one. As Calvin mentioned, the lack of engine noise was eerie, but the speed was linear and similar to being in a jet during takeoff, just shoving you back in the seat. I like the sound of an engine, but I thoroughly enjoyed this experience as well. Times are changing, I can appreciate both; a fast ride is a fast ride, it had its own cool factor.
                Life without passion is no life at all.
                Sean Combs

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis45 View Post

Sorry, No Rumble, No Good.
                  Yeah;;;; nothing like a Honda with straight pipes screaming down the road at 40 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Rondor View Post
                    Yeah;;;; nothing like a Honda with straight pipes screaming down the road at 40 MPH
                    Here in Phoenix we call those Chihuahua's. All noise - all nuisance - all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post

Here in Phoenix we call those Chihuahua's. All noise - all nuisance - all the time.
                      Love it!

Comment

Geez it's been so many years ago (17) I had forgotten that I drove it up to the speed limiter cut off and the speedo showed at about 141 MPH.
                        02 Bird yelo/yelo full accent
                        20 Ford Escape SE

Comment

Working...
                        X