Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial view with our granddaughter the day after her brother was born, all set to go for a top-down ride. 100_3717 (2).JPG

sigh, long enough ago that they are both teenagers now and she has her driver's permit.
    Participate in Thunderbird of the Month for 2021 calendar
    Limited Edition databases for 007, PCR, and Cashmere
    Porthole Authority
    TBN TOTM 2020 Calendars free to download.

Comment

• Granddaughter Lucy and her doll ( Like Dot said about her picture), Lucy turns 16 this month

Luxcy and Doll in Tbird.JPG
      Attached Files
      Birds of the 48
      15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

• I am going to pick Rusty's 1st photo, the one with the blue surf board.
        This photo is so typical of Rusty. You can tell that he hastily stopped to capture this moment because the photo is slightly out of focus, the car is many feet from the curb and his shadow is also in the picture. Perhaps having stopped in front of 007 cruiser(Gene)'s home without asking permission Rusty did not want to get caught in this rash act of espionage.

Rusty Your time to pick a challenge.
        Mike

sigpic

Comment

• Based on the visible shadows we also know that they where taken in the morning with the sun rising over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelblue5505 View Post
            I am going to pick Rusty's 1st photo, the one with the blue surf board.
            This photo is so typical of Rusty. You can tell that he hastily stopped to capture this moment because the photo is slightly out of focus, the car is many feet from the curb and his shadow is also in the picture. Perhaps having stopped in front of 007 cruiser(Gene)'s home without asking permission Rusty did not want to get caught in this rash act of espionage.

Thanks for clearing that up.
            02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
            02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
            03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
            03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
            04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
            04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
            04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
            04 TR-TR htp-blk 18 states-DC
            04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 15 states-DC
            05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
            05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by steelblue5505 View Post
              Drat! Somehow missed this. Thank you! I'll think of something and post.....

Bird is the word.....
              Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• Due to current events, military cemeteries will not have flags placed at individual graves this year. Therefore I choose the theme to involve a beautiful U.S. flag flying in all its glory. Will make my selection on Friday (5/29).

I'm choosing this because dad was retired Army and mom passed on Memorial Day three years ago.
                For anyone who has never seen the majesty of a military cemetery this time of year I include the photo (sorry, no TBird) from pre-2017.

20171218_13.jpg

Bird is the word.....
                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post
                  Due to current events, military cemeteries will not have flags placed at individual graves this year. Therefore I choose the theme to involve a beautiful U.S. flag flying in all its glory. Will make my selection on Friday (5/29).

I'm choosing this because dad was retired Army and mom passed on Memorial Day three years ago.
                  For anyone who has never seen the majesty of a military cemetery this time of year I include the photo (sorry, no TBird) from pre-2017.

20171218_13.jpg
                  Great theme; George's Veterans group did flags at the local cemetary in Decatur which they do every year and tomorrow they will have members greeting anyone that show up at their small Veterans Memorial Park in Decatur. of course, masks and gloves this year. Now to find the veterans parade pictures we participated in a number of years ago with retros and classic tbirds carrying veterans.

Porthole Authority

Comment

• IMG_3221.JPG
                    Well as a Canadian I don't have a lot of pictures of your American flag in all of its glory, but thanks to Kevin and Diane Mark I was very fortunate to be able to visit the Indiana War Memorial just one week prior to your Memorial Day just last year while attending Little Nashville Thunder. I am very lucky to have been able to see so many of your National Monuments. I hope this one will qualify for Rusty's challenge.

Attached Files

Comment

• MTT
                      Bird is the word.....

Comment

• This is not my photo. Happened yesterday in Pennsylvania when a fire company attempted to my a flag over a highway from a ladder. The truck flipped onto its side landing on a car. Four people were injured, two in the car and two on the ladder. If it went the other way, they would have crushed the firehouse.
                        CC9CBFE6-9BE8-4FC5-A32A-25070C434101.png

Comment

• Boston Common last year.

Joe
                          IMG_2946 (768x1024).jpg
                          Attached Files
                          It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

• Had planned to post this photo yesterday morning but ... It's here now. George is in a local Veterans group called the Wise County Veterans and they built a Veterans Memorial Park back in 2006 on land donated to them by the little city of Decatur, (which is growing). It was actually my first time to get out of the car and walk around the park to view it. Well laid out, nice park. Worthy of our honored soldiers.

Part of their on-going project is to lay bricks engraved with veterans names and their years of service in various wars, Families buy the bricks to honor their veteran and George has inherited the job of laying the bricks, not an easy task considering he has to take out the old brick and lay in an inscribed one.

The park was decorated by the vets last Friday and George spent all morning there yesterday to greet anyone that came in and had any questions. Last week the vets had also put out flags at all veterans buried at the local cemetary, over 368 flags. As for visitors, George said the only ones that showed up while he was there were the veterans that came to help. We had rain all day yesterday, enough to keep Texans away til the sun comes out.

Porthole Authority

Comment

• A few retrobirds flying Old Glory.

20200524_162158.jpg
                              18 years, 165K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Working...
                              X