X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early morning in San Simeon, CA:

20180918_082239 (2).jpg
    18 years, 165K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• This is at Biggs Junction Washington State side, looking West or down river. Hyw97 is the bridge crossing the Columbia River to I-84 in Oregon
      At Biggs Junction West.jpg
      Attached Files
      Mike

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post
        IMG_4264.JPG
        Sorry for the delay everyone. How about a shot of your bird on the waterfront. This one is at Gros Cap Ontario looking across Lake Superior into Michigan. This is about 20 miles from where the Edmond Fitzgerald went down.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotU View Post
          River waterfront ok? I don't get to Lake Superior very often. IMG_0695 (1).JPG
          Well we had some great waterfront shots of our Thunderbirds. Thanks to all who posted. I choose NotU to give the next challenge. You are up Randy

Comment

• Thank you! This is another surprise. I'm honored.
            How about a picture of the 'bird in distress.
            I know it doesn't happen often, so there may not be many like this.
            Thanks, again. 20190725_185159.jpg
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

Comment

• My Inca Gold after a javelina encouter in Big Bend. Area was so remote that there was no cell signal and Border Patrol that 20171025_132046.jpg stopped to help had to drive several miles to find a place where his radio would work. The nearest shop that could repair it was in El Paso, 300 miles away.

Comment

• IMG_1393.JPG
                Taking time to cool off on a hot Tennessee day...
                Bird is the word.....
                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• This might qualify.

20190619_113558.jpg

20200527_164415.jpg
                  And after.

02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                  02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                  03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                  03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                  04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                  04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                  04 TR-TR htp-blk 18 states-DC
                  04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                  05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                  05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                  - 48&DC

Comment

• Ouch Ron, I remember that. Car looks great now!

Joe
                    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

• When fuel pump #2 bit the big one:

20190311_173546.jpg
                      18 years, 165K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• IMG_4559.JPG
                        Pappisito's 2020, which looks like the only TBN event I'll get to go to this year, under the entrance to the hotel. Changing coils, in what other group would you find so many people who would drop everything and just say "come on, let's change them right now", and even have someone say "I have a set of plugs" (Ron McLoud) and not allow you to pay for them or replace them, his answer was "some day someone will need plugs and you'll have them for them to use".

Thanks to all the fine gentlemen, I won't name them as I will surely miss someone, who came to my aid.

Thunderbird Nest has the greatest people from all over the United States, Canada and around the world (and the cars are pretty nice too).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Just read this challenge late last night. Been searching for the last few hours to find my photo. Couldn't remember when, so looked here to see if I could find my old post. That put me closer to date but only by mileage, then went to garage to check my gas mileage log. Darn, had started a new log book (filled up old one) and don't know where the old one is buried. Then decided to find the old Ford receipt for the repair. That came a lot closer to the date so I could find it in my photos.

IMG_6121May 2 2012 On trailer640.JPG
                          May 2, 2012 after filling it with gas at a Shell station 12 miles from home, then car wouldn't start. Had to get a neighbor come get us with his trailer and winch it onto the trailer.
                          Participate in Thunderbird of the Month for 2021 calendar
                          Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64
                          Porthole Authority
                          TBN TOTM 2020 Calendars free to download.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
                            Just read this challenge late last night. Been searching for the last few hours to find my photo. Couldn't remember when, so looked here to see if I could find my old post. That put me closer to date but only by mileage, then went to garage to check my gas mileage log. Darn, had started a new log book (filled up old one) and don't know where the old one is buried. Then decided to find the old Ford receipt for the repair. That came a lot closer to the date so I could find it in my photos.

IMG_6121May 2 2012 On trailer640.JPG
                            May 2, 2012 after filling it with gas at a Shell station 12 miles from home, then car wouldn't start. Had to get a neighbor come get us with his trailer and winch it onto the trailer.
                            What is that rusty bar connected to. Not the chrome wheels??
                            2002 Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                            2015 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0T 240HP, 270FP Torque
                            http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...8&username=hks

Comment

• Originally posted by HKS View Post

What is that rusty bar connected to. Not the chrome wheels??
                              Those bars are used to anchor the ramps when towing the trailer.

Great shots. I will try to pick a favorite tomorrow morning. Thank you all!

Comment

• Ron (4LOWBIRDS+7),
                                Your picture and story deserve the selection for this round. Great shots, all.
                                Has anyone seen a picture of a retrobird that doesn't look good?
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X