This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotU View Post
    Has anyone seen a picture of a retrobird that doesn't look good?
    Thank you.
    Guess who?

697C3CF8-AB26-4D05-B1FB-F2A8E4A9A34D.jpegA69DBAFC-1F7B-4D70-B373-D187A8394447.jpeg

Comment

• image_53386.jpg

For this next challenge let us see your car being signed by a Ford person who worked on the Thunderbird launch.
      Last edited by 4LOWBIRDS+7; Jul 3, 2020, 06:13 AM.
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

• Do you suppose Tommy still owns his Bird? Or did we shame him into selling it??
        Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by RBIRD View Post

Do you suppose Tommy still owns his Bird? Or did we shame him into selling it??
          Who would buy it? You could spend a year removing the stick-on junk.

Comment

• Getting back to the challenge at hand. I don't have a picture of them signing my car, but our car has been signed by Nancy Gioia, Chief Engineer, Doug Gaffka, Chief Designer, and Jim Youngs, Project Manager. Nancy has signed our car 3 times! Both she and Doug signed it at Motown Thunder. Jim Youngs signed it at Thunder and Good Virbrations. A technician at our local dealership managed to wipe them out by dripping oil on them while doing an oil change. Nancy signed it again at the 60th Anniversary Event in Dearborn. I think Skip took a picture when she was signing it then, but he never sent it to me. This one got smudged and eventually removed when I was cleaning under the hood.

Finally, she signed it again at the Big Teasy in New Orleans. I've managed to preserve this one so far. All 3 times she was very generous with her time with everyone that wanted their cars signed. She is a very gracious lady. She also signed the picture below for me as well. You may recognize it as being from the large Canadian brochure that has the same pictures as the metal porthole dealership book.

Picture of Nancy when she checked out our trunk after she signed the car for the second time and the picture below:

DSCN4533 (3)(2).JPG

Picture of Doug after signing the car at Ford World Headquarters:

Motown Thunder 138.jpg

Picture signed by Nancy:

20200702_165020.jpg
            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• For this challenge, with out a picture it didn't happen .
              05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
              - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post
                For this challenge, with out a picture it didn't happen .
                Good luck. It definitely happened.
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• Originally posted by HKS View Post

What is that rusty bar connected to. Not the chrome wheels??
                  Don't know what the "rusty bar" is but it's not connected to the wheel, just an optical illusion since the picture is "flat".

NOW for my signing pics.

IMG_5732Finney Dots Car (Small).JPG FT Finny on the Skunk works Thunderbird team pre 1999 signing the Inca in 2007. Skunk works team started the Thunderbird project rolling before it was turned over to the designers and engineers. btw, he was there taking the place of Nancy Gioia, Chief Engineer of the Thunderbird Project as she had to cancel out at the last minute. Someday I might get her signature on my 02 blue.
                  IMG_5728doug Gaffka dot's car (Small).JPG Doug Gaffka - Chief Designer, signing the Inca in 2007
                  100_8286_640.JPG Jim Youngs - on the Thunderbird team design years prior to 2002. In 2002 He became the Thunderbird Project Manager overseeing everything about the Thunderbird production. Signed this at Thunder Fever TBN event in 2005. He also has his signature on the Inca Gold, signed in 2009 while we were visiting the private museum that hosts the preproduction test supercharged Thunderbird that actually works which he was intimately involved in it's production. btw the test car is red.

btw, I have a signing photo of Bill Green's car and Dino's car, and a couple of others. I do have Paul in the photo with Bill Green's car and Paul's next to it.
                  Last edited by 5bird7; Jul 2, 2020, 11:05 PM.
                  Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Ford Headquarters 2007

Either F T Finny or Doug Gaffka, they both signed

6_30_07 093.jpg

Paul in back ground

Nancy Gioia and Jim Young signed the other fender, but I do not have pictures of that.
                    Attached Files
                    Birds of the 48
                    15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

• Originally posted by 15AGAIN View Post
                      Ford Headquarters 2007

Either F T Finny or Doug Gaffka, they both signed

6_30_07 093.jpg

Paul in back ground

Nancy Gioia and Jim Young signed the other fender, but I do not have pictures of that.
                      That's Doug Gaffka and since I'm paying attention, that's probably my car. Did you take your bra off that weekend? Hmmm, better put Inspector Clouseau on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

That's Doug Gaffka and since I'm paying attention, that's probably my car. Did you take your bra off that weekend? Hmmm, better put Inspector Clouseau on this.
                        Looks like your size and shirt. Bill do you have a picture of your car?
                        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                        - 48&DC

Comment

• This is the other picture I have

6_30_07 094.jpg

And yes that is Paul in the back ground
                          and the car has the bra on it, so this one is 15AGAIN
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 15AGAIN; Jul 3, 2020, 05:03 PM.
                          Birds of the 48
                          15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

• Originally posted by 15AGAIN View Post
                            This is the other picture I have

6_30_07 094.jpg

And yes that is Paul in the back ground
                            and the car has the bra on it
                            Bill I am sure Paul thanks you for posting a picture of his car for this challenge. Paul you are now in the running.
                            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                            - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post

Bill I am sure Paul thanks you for posting a picture of his car for this challenge. Paul you are now in the running.
                              Even better than that I now have a picture of Doug Gaffka signing my car. Thanks, Bill!

Comment

• I'm not inspector Clouseau BUT, yes, that is your car Paul. You have a sunscreen in the window. B ill's has a razor back red piggy on his dash. HERE"s Bill's car and Bill and you are obviously in the pic. IMG_5725 Bill Greens car(Small)Doug Gaffka.JPG

I'd have more pics but with two celebs signing, couldn't do them all and still get both pics for my car.

Last edited by 5bird7; Jul 3, 2020, 09:26 PM.
                                Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Working...
                                X