Found a few new parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a few new parts

My grandson had a minor accident in the t bird damaging the front bumper and grille. I had been told that it would have to be used parts to repair as all new stuff was lng gone. Insurance paid for all new parts and my Body shop found new stuff. He said coming from Cal.but I didn't ask where. They ended up a little cheaper than the used parts I priced on line. Hopefully We will be back to all original soon. The body shop specializes in restoration work. I also discovered most shops in this area don't work on vehicles over 10 years old.
    The all seem to want the fast turn around wrecks and are strictly into insurance work. I asked three shops about repainting My F150 and all said not interested.

Yep, hard to find a GOOD restoration shop anymore. They dont want to fix things, just replace parts. That's our world now.

Comment

They don't want to do restoration because collision work is more profitable and the customers are easier to satisfy.
      sigpic

Comment

There's a resto shop close by back home, Midwest Rod and Custom. Excellent work if you can afford it..I've had them do some detail work. $400 to repaint the hard tonneau covers

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
          There's a resto shop close by back home, Midwest Rod and Custom. Excellent work if you can afford it..I've had them do some detail work. $400 to repaint the hard tonneau covers
          Paint work has gotten very expensive over the past 30 years both in materials and labor.. The skill required is also much higher. The paints today are not very forgiving either.
          Back in the days of Lacquer its was easy to go back and fix a bad spot. Considering the prep time and paint cost $400.00 to paint a tonneau seems pretty good for quality work.

Comment

I decided to delete my comment as I realized that I had probably posted something similar before.
            Last edited by MikeB6; Jan 13, 2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X