Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine cover gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
    Greg,
    You could have had one for $55.99 and free shipping.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Jaguar-....c100290.m3507

    Joe
    Joe,gentleman accepted my best offer so I sure hope I paid less than Diamond Jim Greg Nelson. Thanks for posting.

    Paul as you said to each his own. I can't believe that folks think the T-Bird top looks better than the Jag. Think it will look great with the K & N CAI. Yes some sort of T-Bird emblem will have to go over the Jag emblem.

    Mujiir, not ready yet but a T-Bird cover will be for sale when I get back to Ohio in early May.
    Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

    Comment


    • #32
      Paul I like the look and besides our engine is a Jag!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by wcoates View Post
        Joe,gentleman accepted my best offer so I sure hope I paid less than Diamond Jim Greg Nelson. Thanks for posting.
        Not a problem sir!

        Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
        Joe I paid $50 total..good deal for Baby Blue
        Much better, I got a little nervous!

        Joe
        It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

        Comment


        • #34
          Greg at $50 we both did ok as the others on Ebay are either close to $100 or over with shipping.

          As Paul says a T-Bird emblem of some sort will be needed to cover the Jaguar. Does anyone currently have the jag cover? if so could you please advise the diameter of the jag imprint?
          Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

          Comment


          • #35
            The one I ordered has arrived at Stewarts house. May just leave the 'cat'. I do have the Jaguar LeMans grill badge on Black Beauty..here's one even cheaper https://www.ebay.com/p/2004-Jaguar-Xj8-Engine-Cover-OEM-LKQ/28016854638?_trksid=p2047675.l2644
            Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; Mar 14, 2019, 07:03 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Help you out Greg!

              https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Jaguar...5.c4#viTab s_0

              Joe
              It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                The one I ordered has arrived at Stewarts house. May just leave the 'cat'. I do have the Jaguar LeMans grill badge on Black Beauty..here's one even cheaper https://www.ebay.com/p/2004-Jaguar-Xj8-Engine-Cover-OEM-LKQ/28016854638?_trksid=p2047675.l2644
                Yes Greg its here

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by stewbob View Post

                  Yes Greg its here
                  well get out there Stewart and get it installed. We have to negotiate a new retainer agreement with the Greg Guy.

                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Jaguar...Q/362569830620
                  This is the cheapest seen, but will it fit?
                  Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                  2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    any word on an emblem to fit?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by wcoates View Post
                      well get out there Stewart and get it installed. We have to negotiate a new retainer agreement with the Greg Guy.

                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Jaguar...Q/362569830620
                      This is the cheapest seen, but will it fit?
                      I'm not sure the threaded plugs from Bird would fit on Jag cover...don't look like it anyway.
                      Best Joey-ism (Friends) ever:
                      "The point is Moo. It's like a cow's opinion...it's 'Moo'."
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkJ4BUChxI

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                        any word on an emblem to fit?
                        Waiting to see the size of the Jag emblem that will need covering. Maybe we can look at yours when we get with Stewart next week. Is Jane staying in Florida awhile or flying back to Minnesota
                        Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                        2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Use any cover you like. The engine is still from Ford. It would still be a Ford even if built at a Jaguar plant in the UK. Ford owned Jaguar at the time. That said, your engine was built at a Ford plant in Lima, OH.
                          .

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by wcoates View Post

                            Waiting to see the size of the Jag emblem that will need covering. Maybe we can look at yours when we get with Stewart next week. Is Jane staying in Florida awhile or flying back to Minnesota
                            Stewart says it may not work easily. We have a tbird lunch run on the 21st. to Peck's Old Port Cove Restaurant in Crystal River. Departing from the new Lowe's on 466A at 11am ..come on Bill! Danny and the rest of you 'all

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post

                              Stewart says it may not work easily. We have a tbird lunch run on the 21st. to Peck's Old Port Cove Restaurant in Crystal River. Departing from the new Lowe's on 466A at 11am ..come on Bill! Danny and the rest of you 'all
                              Will call Stewart and see about the 21st.

                              Yes Greg, emblem change might be a problem as the Jag itself is somewhat raised. Would probably have to be cut out. It measures approximately 2 3/16 inches.

                              These I'm not wild about but at 2 11/16" they just might work if Stewart gets his famous epoxy tube out. I have four at home someplace so one is yours for the asking.

                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-1978-1...W/303085970994

                              Last edited by wcoates; Mar 16, 2019, 04:52 PM. Reason: typing
                              Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                              2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Bill how's it look on?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X