Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to me 2002

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi Michael,

    There are aftermarket racks for the top. I bought this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It doesnít fold but I think itís sturdier than the original. You might find one a little cheaper on eBay.

    The originals do turn up on eBay, here, and the Facebook retro parts group, but they tend to be pricey.

    if you have the garage space, you may want to consider a lift. Just search the forums for info.

    Happy cruising!

    Duane

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by TXBlueBird View Post
      Hi Michael,

      There are aftermarket racks for the top. I bought this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      It doesnít fold but I think itís sturdier than the original. You might find one a little cheaper on eBay.

      The originals do turn up on eBay, here, and the Facebook retro parts group, but they tend to be pricey.

      if you have the garage space, you may want to consider a lift. Just search the forums for info.

      Happy cruising!

      Duane
      I just bought that exact rack for my top, except it was a scratch and dent special.....$74 plus free freight (no dust cover). Took the top off yesterday and it worked fine. Rolls around very nicely. Now all I need is a top boot cover. Mine is missing.

      Comment


      • #18
        I am a newbie, too. I inherited a red 2002 from my father who passed away last year. I had it shipped across the country from Vancouver last week, but the coil issue came up when I received the car here in Eastern Canada on Friday. Bummer. It drove nicely for about ten minutes and then the engine light came on and the hesitation started. How much did it cost to get that work done?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by GatineauT-Bird View Post
          I am a newbie, too. I inherited a red 2002 from my father who passed away last year. I had it shipped across the country from Vancouver last week, but the coil issue came up when I received the car here in Eastern Canada on Friday. Bummer. It drove nicely for about ten minutes and then the engine light came on and the hesitation started. How much did it cost to get that work done?
          I did the coils and plugs myself at a cost of $175 USD. There are threads here that detail the DIY details. I got all the parts on Amazon. It was not all that hard if you can turn a wrench. It made a big difference for me. Also check out the threads on tightening the X braces under the car. A few loose bolts down there can make a big difference in how the car handles. That is also an EZ fix. Those bolts tighten to 46 ft. lbs. Best of luck!

          Comment


          • #20
            I also bought a 2002 T-Bird for the wife this last Valentine's Day....a 19,000 mile, one owner, two top car with the original hardtop rack and installation tool and convertible boot cover along with the unopened package of locking lug nuts in the trunk....a time capsule...

            Its Torch Red with red/black/aluminum Premium interior and runs perfectly. The only things I've done to it are to replace the door actuators and switches with OEM parts and put a high-end Kenwood sound system in with Pandora/Sirus/hands-free phone/navigation/bluetooth/ Apple Car Play/Backup Camera. I did replace the original spare tire (unused but old and dangerous with the Maxxus compact spare). I didn't know about the "X" brace bolts so I'll check that out (I have a car lift).. The T-Bird fits nicely under my all original 63 Corvette split window.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #21
              Beautiful pair!
              - Ted
              Titusville, Florida
              We're all Bozos on this bus.

              2005 Bronze, modified & customized
              One of 16, before I started messin' with it...

              Comment


              • #22
                Very nice!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Nice, resale reds are always easy on the eye.
                  02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-Dc
                  02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
                  03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                  03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                  04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                  04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC
                  04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                  04 TR-TR htp-sand 12 states-DC
                  04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 15 states-DC
                  05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 19 states-DC
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82 - 48&DC
                  05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Frank Dreano View Post
                    ~~~~~~~ I didn't know about the "X" brace bolts so I'll check that out (I have a car lift).. The T-Bird fits nicely under my all original 63 Corvette split window.
                    Unless it is a drive-on lift, do not tighten the x-brace bolts while on it. The car needs to be on all four feet before torqueing them.

                    EDIT: Duh, I just looked at the photos... never mind...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X