Help with a decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBird1stLuv View Post
    I found out the hard way that using a pressure wand on the hood results in a messed up radiator sticker. Planning on printing the image on photo paper and then using clear wrap to adhere/protect it for the future. Any better ideas that will not cost an arm or leg? BTW, what is the proper measurements for the sticker L X W?
    Pensacola, FL
    02 Whisper White

Comment

StevenM Thank you so much Steven for taking the time to measure the sticker for me!

Comment

I thank you also............now if I can resize it..........##%&%% PC's !!

Comment

Man what a world of greed, $50.00 for a decal. Once you get the .pdf you can print it out yourself, and have it laminated at a print shop. I may have it also and will send it to you if you want BUT first I need to find it on my files.
          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Pensacola, FL
            02 Whisper White

Comment

Originally posted by abaton6 View Post
              Went to me local Ford dealer today, looking for the decal that is under the hood, on the plastic, dead center in front of the radiator. Parts guy said he could not look up that decal. He would need the number that is on the decal itself. So, if anyone could help me out by posting a pic of that, It would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Oh, they have the engine cover hold downs for $10 each,,,!!!!!! yikes!

Comment

If you can take a picture of the decal you need, ( one on a friends car, car show, etc) and email to ECS Automotive Concepts. They will make an identical copy of the decal you need in a matter of a couple days, just like the original. Their web site is WWW. ESCVIN.COM. If you want to call them their phone number is 1-855-532-7846. They made some decals for my 2005 bird and are the same as original, color, material, size, and quality. I highly recommend them for their fast service, quality, and attention to detail. Hope this will help you. Gene.
                Last edited by Gene; Jun 26, 2019, 05:00 PM. Reason: Error in phone number, I showed 1-855-533-7846 in orignal post but correct number is 1-855-532-7846

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                  If you can take a picture of the decal you need, ( one on a friends car, car show, etc) and email to ECS Automotive Concepts. They will make an identical copy of the decal you need in a matter of a couple days, just like the original. Their web site is WWW. ESCVIN.COM. If you want to call them their phone number is 1-855-532-7846. They made some decals for my 2005 bird and are the same as original, color, material, size, and quality. I highly recommend them for their fast service, quality, and attention to detail. Hope this will help you. Gene.
                  And based on your experience about how much would the radiator label cost?
                  Quickdraw
                  Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Harry, I wonder if LaPill is expanding his operation.

Comment

I've used ECS when I went through my '70 Mustang phase, They never let me down...fair prices etc.
                      JOE

Comment

check the retro parts for sale on facebook. Believe our member Brad has them for sale at $10
                        Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                        2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                          Great info. Thanks!

Comment

Here is some more great info for you. The rubber seal on the hood is the culprit for damages to this label or decal. It rubs on it when hood is closed. To protect the label from damage make a soft cloth to fit over the label & yet large enough to tuck it's edges under the front cover to help hold in place. Easy to remove when & if showing the car.
                            Mike

sigpic

Comment

A standard microfibre towel, folded in half, will just cover the label and the hood weatherstripping will hold it firmly in place when the hood is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
                                check the retro parts for sale on facebook. Believe our member Brad has them for sale at $10
                                I need to print more up, I encourage everyone to print and laminate them yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X