T- Bird Bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Yes that number was to covercraft, seems to be the company that colgan is associated with, I would just go through carid and order the colgan bra through them if there are any issues I have found carid to back it up. I have found carid to be good people to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• birdfan
    replied
    I have the Ford cover and only put it on for highway trips (or longer trips). Whenever I have it on it is usually speckled with bugs and dirt when I get home, all which would have been on the paint. I agree with many of the comments on here:
    - the car has to be clean and dry before putting it on,
    - the bra has to be clean, especially the back, before putting it on (I always wash if off before removing it; easier that way, and then clean the back so it is ready next time),
    - it is very beneficial to let it sit in the sun before putting it on, it is much easier to stretch it to where it needs to go when hot,
    - I also loosen the little screws holding the fender liner so the plastic clips slip on easier (and the re-tighten them),
    - take it off when not on trips, i.e. when you don't need it. Leaving it on could result in the paint fading and dirt under it others have mentioned.

I don't use it daily but am very glad I have it for the trips.
    Last edited by birdfan; Jul 29, 2019, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• camadsen_1
    replied
    What I think I know today - The # Earl gave me was to Covercraft. A gal there requested pictures to send to their design team to see if they want to do it. The receptionist eluded to the fact that they are the folks that produce Colgan. So, we wait. The reply I got from the ebay guy was - that they're all computer crafted & they couldn't be changed or modified. Still think the Lebra brand would be easiest to modify after the fact. it would be better if it just came correct for my car to begin with. (I know, I'm the one that changed it)

Leave a comment:

• Cards
    replied
    Have been braless since I had ClearShield installed. Actually, virtually all the films, regardless of manufacturer, work better than bras and most people can’t even tell if you’re wearing one. One less thing to store when it’s off.

Leave a comment:

• camadsen_1
    replied
    Oh, don't underestimate yourself Pete!
    Earl - is this the # for the Colgan folks?

Leave a comment:

• BacktotheFuturePete
    replied
    I live on a dirt road and where there are lots of dirt roads. I have never had an issue with rocks or dirt getting under near the paint. Of course I try to avoid a wet dirt road. I also have at least 2/3's of the 53,000 miles with the bra on. I see no fade line but then mine is Cashmere and I am certain dark colors would fade faster. When it gets wet I take it off and I also remove it to wax, wash and clean off bugs that get under it. Bugs will stain your paint and do more damage than the bra. In my opinion which ain't worth much.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Craig if you want to buy from the mfg. directly their # is 1 (800) 274-7006. M-F 8 AM.-5PM. Earl

Leave a comment:

• RustyFrye
    replied
    Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
    There’s always Playtex.
    If you go that route you will have to realign your headlights as this one lifts and separates....

Leave a comment:

• 007Cruiser
    replied
    There’s always Playtex.

Leave a comment:

• camadsen_1
    replied
    I did get a reply back from the ebay "covercraft" people in Oklahoma. The reply was "it only comes as pictured" (more or less) 'Not sure if it was a Colgan I was looking at but I'm pretty certain they didn't bother to contact the company direct, as it's the weekend. I replied & asked them if they would. It appears my definition of "custom" & theirs, differ. On a different note, the Lebra unit has No provision for the front plate (+) and it looks to be the easiest to modify where the aux lights are. One would only have to cover up the bottom half of the openings, or could be used as is. I'd be interested to hear from someone that actually has run the Lebra brand on their car. Are these the only two players in the bra field? Colgan & Lebra? (besides Ford - which was probably made by Colgan)

Leave a comment:

• camadsen_1
    replied
    Well that's two votes for the "Colgan". I went to the carid site yesterday & checked them out. It seems to be a very well put together piece. They had a "chat" feature but no one was available so I may try during the week when people are working. I'm also going to search & see if I can go direct - (Colgan.com?) because I'm not sure if I can get what I need through carid. The description said with or without fog lights - well I know what that means, it's the same piece. I may be reduced to buying one and having someone modify it for me (not my preference). Mike has offered to email me the install info on his Ford one, so looking forward to that information too. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of Frank's if he gets it installed soon. Thank you everyone for the input! the more the merrier!

Leave a comment:

• 2K2BIRD
    replied
    Colgan is the only aftermarket one I'd consider. It's definitely a case of "you get what you pay for".

Leave a comment:

• Frank Dreano
    replied
    Here is the one I bought, full disclosure - I haven't installed it yet but the instructions indicate to me that it is a quality piece and will serve its purpose nicely:

Capture.PNG

Leave a comment:

• BLACK BEAUTY
    replied
    Craig my man...one critical area is how it attaches around the wheel wells. Mine had velcro and bendable metal...also had the mirror covers

Leave a comment:

• camadsen_1
    replied
    Wow! - All helpful information. I'm just wanting to protect the nose on those long highway trips. Hadn't intended to leave it on for any length of time. I just re-did the nose & I'm not wanting to get it screwed up right away from all the highway debris. I had noticed one on ebay -carcover.com/ guy out of Oklahoma, company says they may do a custom. (they elude to that anyway, I haven't heard back). Also noticed Lebra makes one that looks like it might be easily modified, but I'd rather have one built to fit. Perhaps I can bend Spence's ear as far as fitment of his Ford bra. Pretty sure that's unavailable at this point though. I'll check out the Colgan one on Carid. Keep those cards & letters comin' in folks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X