No announcement yet.

They Know A Thing or Two, Because .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Know A Thing or Two, Because .....

.... they've seen a thing or two. But up until recently, this is something that I have never seen in essentially 20 years of collecting retrobird diecasts:

20200228_110016.jpg20200228_105941.jpg20200228_110055.jpg

This Farmers Insurance version is the 8th retrobird promotional model, 6 diecasts, 1 plastic remote control and 1 made of resin, that I have in my collection. Up until a few days ago, I had no idea it existed. Every time I find a previously unknown collectible, I can't help but wonder if there are more out there we don't know about or if this will be the last one in my collection.

I have to admit that I'm thrilled it's a red one!

For those that are curious, here's the list of known retrobird promotional models:

1:32 Torch Red resin model driven by the Geico Gecko

1:25 Inspiration Yellow Hertz Limited Edition Hardtop
    1:25 Thunderbird Blue Dealer Track 2003 Hardtop
    1:25 Evening Black Ford Credit Chicago East 2002 Hardtop

1:24 Torch Red PPG Hardtop
    1:24 Torch Red CRABAR/GBF Convertible
    1:24 Torch Red Farmers Insurance Hardtop

1:16 Torch Red Stewart's Root Beer Thunderbird Roadster Radio Control
    Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Mar 3, 2020, 04:02 PM.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

lotsa reds

Comment

Looks like terrible quality and fit. Who made it?
      Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
        lotsa reds
        Yeah, as it should be. Red sells.

Originally posted by DavidA View Post
        Looks like terrible quality and fit. Who made it?
        Motormax. Its based off of their 2000 Thunderbird Concept model, so it has the silver center stack, the 3 spoke steering wheel, red arm rests and no 3rd brake light. Their models were made to be toys, not big time collectibles. Their diecast price point was around $10.00, so the quality is a reflection of that. The guy I got it from said that it had been displayed in his office for several years. Considering everything, the paint is in pretty good shape, probably above average for Motormax diecasts.
        21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Nice collection. But do you have one of these?

https://youtu.be/Ss2EAFRs1Zw
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealy View Post
            Nice collection. But do you have one of these?

https://youtu.be/Ss2EAFRs1Zw
            Yes, along with the other 4 NKOK put out - Torch Red (no Stewart's graphics), Thunderbird Blue, Evening Black and Inspiration Yellow. The box art on the Stewart's Root Beer version is excellent. So, obviously, there are 8 promo models available. These remote control Thunderbird Roadsters are approximately 1:16th scale.

Thanks for posting that video! I corrected post #1 to include the Stewart's version.
            Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Mar 3, 2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

You boys and your toys.

Comment

Working...
              X