Throwback Thursdays - A Trip Down TBN Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
    Dot, So everyone dust off the VCR and tell us the answer(s).
    What's a VCR? Is that like an 8-track?
    Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidA View Post

What's a VCR? Is that like an 8-track?
      Yes, only with moving pictures.
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post

Yes, only with moving pictures.
        Let's all raise our glasses and toast that wonderful old technology.
        Bird is the word.....
        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

Let's all raise our glasses and toast that wonderful old technology.
          You’ll raise your glass for anything.

Comment

• I did find, in my stuff search, a CD that was sent to me with the title "Days of Thunder", "ThunderbirdNest.com Events, 2002-2005" ALAS, technology ruined the CD as it had been sent to me in a vinyl type envelope which in turn reacted over time to the CD material. It will not play. I don't recall who sent it?? Anyone know? no name on it. Did anyone else get a CD like that? It had a picture on it 's cover of a line up of lots of retros on the road, similar to the long caravan from 2005, Thunder Fever.
            Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• That CD doesn't ring a bell with me. Next time I'm in my stash, I'll see if I can find one.

As for this week's throwback questions, it looks like we may never know who those folks are that are out of uniform in the front row of the group picture. So many of our old members from 17 years ago have moved on from their Thunderbird and some have moved on to the great beyond.

Question #2 does have answer according to the member that has veiwed the VCR tape from the event. It seems the night we were at The Bistro was the very first time liquor by the drink had been legal in Jonesborough, TN for around 150 years ... and now you know.
              Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Aug 2, 2020, 07:37 AM.
              21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

That CD doesn't ring a bell with me. Next time I'm in my stash, I'll see if I can find one.

As for this week's throwback questions, it looks like we may never know who those folks are that are out of uniform in the front row of the group picture. So many of our old members from 17 years ago have moved on from their Thunderbird and some have moved on to the great beyond.

Question #2 does have answer according to the member that has veiwed the VCR tape from the event. It seems the night we were at The Bistro was the very first time liquor by the drink had been legal in Jonesboro, TN for around 150 years ... and now you know.
                so that explains some of the inside pics of the Bistro that I took. Maybe not. Can't find bistro pics in my files for Thunder Fever.
                Last edited by 5bird7; Aug 1, 2020, 08:54 PM.

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Picture 141.jpgI found my Pictures from that event. Here is the Bistro, and the only one I could find of the couple in question at the track.Finally we eat 1.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

... It seems the night we were at The Bistro was the very first time liquor by the drink had been legal in Jonesboro, TN for around 150 years ... and now you know.
                    Originally posted by RustyFrye
                    Let's all raise our glasses and toast ....
                    And my attempt to offer a clue obviously did not help...

Bird is the word.....
                    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

And my attempt to offer a clue obviously did not help...

Does that make you clueless?

Comment

• Here's a throwback that can be helpful for those that submit photos for TOTM or just want to take nice ones for their personal use.

This was given out in the goody bag of a TBN event. It was written primarily by one TBN member, but the second page has input from another. The tips are good ones that I have used to secure several TOTM selections.

1. What was the event?

2. Who was the primary author?

3. Who else contributed to the paper?

4. Will you use the information going foward?

20200805_193639.jpg

20200805_193949.jpg

20200806_111404.jpg

Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Aug 6, 2020, 10:15 AM.
                        21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• I will take a stab at number two and say Dot Lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                            I will take a stab at number two and say Dot Lang.
                            Good guess, Gene! Not getting much play from this one. I hope folks will use some of these hints to improve their picture taking, whether they know where the come from or not.

Comment

• Since no one else has ventured a guess as to who wrote the 2nd half of that article, I think it was Mark Ray. He used better cameras than I did and seemed to have a really good eye for posing his car, particularly with Laurie in it.

btw, Paul, if you've used that article to improve your photos, you've been a really quick learner.

I must admit, I barely remember writing any of that though I know I did.

As for the event - Thunder Fever. I had a presentation about it (taking photos) at the event. It was used in conjunction with a slide show presentation of photos by TBN members that had been submitted for TOTMS from 2002 up to the event, covering some of those topics.
                              and yes, a member did recognize his photo up there as I picked it apart! and then showed what it would look like with an object removed. I was a little embarrassed for not forewarning him about that!
                              Last edited by 5bird7; Aug 7, 2020, 09:58 AM.

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
                                btw, Paul, if you've used that article to improve your photos, you've been a really quick learner.
                                It was Mark Ray (Mark501) that helped with part of it. Yes, his expertise in adjusting exposure for the lighting involved, results in some really nice shots such as this one:

94419113_10157300494687901_8354307162813497344_n.jpg

I generally don't save other people's photos of their car unless I really think it is outstanding. I think most would agree this one is definitely outstanding.

I won't say your tips were a 100% of the reason my photos have done well in the TOTM voting, because I have always had a pretty decent eye for composition, proportion and balance, but I did not have a TOTM win prior to Thunder Fever. I've had a baker's dozen since, so they didn't hurt. I know they could help a lot of others if they gave them a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X