Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 with 427 cobra

Not sure how to post link,
    but if you go to Craigslist Xenia Ohio it is listed for sale. There is also a video on YouTube: ‘Bad Ass 2002 Thunderbird’
    may someone can get the links on here
    sigpic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XWlNRJT8k

https://dayton.craigslist.org/search...ce=10&sort=rel

Comment

Thanks Gene
      sigpic

Comment

If I was 35 again I might be interested but at 72 thanks but no thanks.
        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

It's not finished, lots of things don't work and it's got the stock rear end

Comment

If I was 35 again it would be 1980......Thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              It's not finished, lots of things don't work and it's got the stock rear end
              Yeah, back in the day when you could actually SEE the engine to work on, the thought of replacing a 2bbl with a 4bbl was really intriguing. That is, until you realize to get the performance from the 4bbl, you really need to change the cam. Then, the transmission, differential, and exhaust system needed upgrading, too. And on, and on.
              Be careful what you wish for..........
              The dude just has an expensive car that will take another $32k to finish properly.
              Most likely, back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post
                If I was 35 again it would be 1980......Thanks but no thanks.
                No desire to be 35 again either. Now 20 would be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                  No desire to be 35 again either. Now 20 would be a different story.
                  That would be a temptation, Gene, if all things were equal to 1970 (when I was 20). But seeing what my grandkids will have to face makes me glad I am the age that I am.
                  Best Joey-ism (Friends) ever:
                  "The point is Moo. It's like a cow's opinion...it's 'Moo'."
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62necDwQb5E

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post

That would be a temptation, Gene, if all things were equal to 1970 (when I was 20). But seeing what my grandkids will have to face makes me glad I am the age that I am.
                    Jim, there was plenty of unrest in 1970 to go around. We were involved in an unpopular war, civil rights was as big an issue then as it is now, violence was happening in the big cities at an alarming rate, the President at the time had an aversion to the truth and the old timers thought the world was going to hell in a hand basket. A big difference was that information wasn't at our fingertips as much as it is now. You had to watch the nightly news on one of only 3 networks to determine what was going on beyond main street in your hometown. Who didn't trust Walter Cronkite? But, probably the biggest difference is the channel we got our news from wasn't spinning it so hard to push a particular political agenda.

The real question is why hasn't our generation made things better in these 50 years? Things are just as bad as 1970, or as you seem to think - worse. Whatever our grandkids inherent in terms of troubles has to fall squarely in front of us. Probably because we've forgotten the true meaning of three words - tolerance, compassion and compromise.

One good thing we have done is modern cars have horsepower, brakes and conveniences we couldn't really have dreamed of in the muscle car era of 1970. We love the old cars because they remind us of our youth, but in reality they don't hold a candle to what we have now.
                    18 years, 165K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Paul, I couldn't disagree more with about 80% of your opinions above. Unfortunately the TOS doesn't allow me to elaborate.

Comment

Not in favor of the man's decision to stuff a 427 in the Bird...I think we may all be able to agree with that.
                        Best Joey-ism (Friends) ever:
                        "The point is Moo. It's like a cow's opinion...it's 'Moo'."
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62necDwQb5E

Comment

Originally posted by 11TH GEN View Post
                          Paul, I couldn't disagree more with about 80% of your opinions above. Unfortunately the TOS doesn't allow me to elaborate.
                          Doesn't surprise me. Ric. Our posts routinely show that we have a completely different view of the world. I'm good with it.
                          18 years, 165K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

427 Cammer or Mr Goodwrench?

Comment

Those different views are part of what makes America great. All ideas are great as long as we respect one another. There are at least two sides to every story.

Comment

Working...
                              X