This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly

The fit on our 05 (using what they call model "03") was perfect - and went together fast

We truly enjoy the sound - a not loud (but quite noticeable) pleasant low frequency "powerful" sound

puts a bit of "thunder" in the Thunderbird ... just right to our ears

If one wanted loader, one could add the performance air intake

Upon showing Jenn the larger diameter and more protruding tips for the first time, I said "Nice tips" - Jenn replied "Thanks. Flattery will get you everywhere"
    Last edited by Cashmere Luv Brd; Jun 23, 2018, 10:50 AM.
    Ralph & Jenn from BC Canada
    Our Gallery is new, but growing fast

Comment

• I have found that when searching for a Borla system for a 04,05 T-Bird, when it asks for the year put in 03. I'v found a lot on eBay, from $881.54 to $1200. most are $899.99.
      Looks like there are still a lot for sale.
      Hope this help's
      No matter where you go, there you are!
      If I'm not here, I'll be somewhere else !

Comment

• Yep, I searched as if my Tbird was 2003. I had the borla system installed and it fit fine with little adjustment/tweaks. Happy with the look. Broke in after 500 miles. Did go with the CAI and the car has a nice growl. Not as aggressive as my daughter's mustang of course. More low keyed.

Comment

• I'm sad to report, I had to sell my 02 Blue (#99 on the list)-dcrichards-Dave. The car was a boat with wheels "a hole in the water in which you pour money".
          Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing, and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even. Will Rogers

Comment

• The car was a boat with wheels "a hole in the water in which you pour money". [/QUOTE]

A Harley-Davidson is "a hole in the road that you shovel money into".

Amazon has a Borla 140081 (03-05) @ $835.88 with free shipping.

Comment

• If anyone is looking to upgrade to a Borla exhaust, Amazon has some @ $680.00 with FREE shipping.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/Borla-140081-...rd+Thunderbird

Comment

• Well, I guess all the $680.00 Borla's are all gone. I just went on Amazon to order "my Xmas present", and there all gone!!

Comment

• I forgot to request to be added to the Borla Club. Spence, do you keep track of the Borla members? Could you point me in the right direction?

Comment

• Originally posted by TBird1stLuv View Post
                      I forgot to request to be added to the Borla Club. Spence, do you keep track of the Borla members? Could you point me in the right direction?
                      Don't get too caught up in all that Borla Club stuff. The more prestigious club is at the link below. Check to see if you qualify...

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...t-club-members
                      Bird is the word.....
                      Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• lol .. I missed out on that "truck mat" one

However, after almost 2 yrs we love our Borlas ... like our members, they just keep getting better and better

Mods / atrocities committed to date

Borla
                        Burlwood center dash, console and door armrests
                        wheels - 10 spoke chromed
                        Billet Grille
                        Ralph & Jenn from BC Canada
                        Our Gallery is new, but growing fast

Comment

• I'll likely put the Borlas on my 03. I've already done the K&N cold air induction.
                          Is it recommended by board members to make any changes to the feuling/ignition tuning map when these two mods are complete?

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig View Post
                            I'll likely put the Borlas on my 03. I've already done the K&N cold air induction.
                            Is it recommended by board members to make any changes to the feuling/ignition tuning map when these two mods are complete?

It's recommended that you do a tune when you add a CAI. I worked with SCT, they did an up-grade to the tuner that I had got from a TBN member last year. I just had a Borla installed. Along with the K&N CAI and a SCTx4, It made a big difference in the performance. ( Butt dino feels like 20 + HP )
                            Last edited by FatMan; Feb 11, 2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• New member, albeit belatedly so. Installed on my 2002 on July 26, 2019. Sounds awesome!

Comment

• I just ordered the Borla catback for our 05 as my Christmas present this year. It will be here next week sometime. It should go nicely with the CAI system I installed this summer. There was nothing wrong with the old system... I just like that V8 rumble. It's the simple things really... :-D
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X