This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mujiir View Post
    I just ordered the Borla catback for our 05 as my Christmas present this year. It will be here next week sometime. It should go nicely with the CAI system I installed this summer. There was nothing wrong with the old system... I just like that V8 rumble. It's the simple things really... :-D
    You’re gonna love it! Takes about 500 miles for the final sound to arrive.

Comment

• You'll need a tune to get the full potential from your mod's
      No matter where you go, there you are!
      If I'm not here, I'll be somewhere else !

Comment

• Originally posted by FatMan View Post
        You'll need a tune to get the full potential from your mod's
        I was under the impression that the system reset itself to the correct fuel/air mixture over time as it ran. Or are you referring to using a "tuner" to reset the computer to maximize potential performance? I have no experience with this type of magic, as all my previous 'cool' cars had either SU side draft or 4 bbl carbs with no such electronic wizardry. I happily await further advice on the needed "tune". Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.

Comment

• https://www.autoanything.com/perform...0A6A134A1.aspx

I'm not recommending this place, I Goodled tuner for ford thunderbird, this was one that came up.
          I have a SCTx4. I'm sure other's will have valuable advice, and information to ad.

Comment

• I've had the SCT 315 for about 7 years..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mujiir View Post

I was under the impression that the system reset itself to the correct fuel/air mixture over time as it ran. Or are you referring to using a "tuner" to reset the computer to maximize potential performance? I have no experience with this type of magic, as all my previous 'cool' cars had either SU side draft or 4 bbl carbs with no such electronic wizardry. I happily await further advice on the needed "tune". Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.
              I haven't used a tuner on my borla cars. I guess I don't know what I am missing.

Comment

• The tuner is more for the addition of a CAI, it will allow you to run 93 octane. The tuner I have has a built-in tune for the K&N CAI., allowing your motor to run more efficiently.

Comment

• Originally posted by FatMan View Post
                  The tuner is more for the addition of a CAI, it will allow you to run 93 octane. The tuner I have has a built-in tune for the K&N CAI., allowing your motor to run more efficiently.
                  May I ask, what HP gain over and above the gains brought by the CAI, and Borla exhaust system did you net? Was it enough to warrant another $400 expense? I'm just wondering... Because next Christmas is coming soon to a theater near you. :-)

Comment

• I have a Borla, It's the only cat-back out there, a K&N CAI, and a SCT tuner, ( set for the K&N CAI & 93 octane fuel). You can have a custom tunes down loaded to your device, then the car.
                    Without having the car "Dino'ed" before and after the mod's it's hard to give an accurate HP reading, BUT my Butt Dino reads around 10-15 + or - 20 HP.
                    So---Yha !

Comment

• All-righty-then... I installed the Borla system today. Not so hard to do yourself, if you can get back up off the floor after the ordeal. Went for a short test drive of 10 / 15 miles. Nice throaty sound so far. With the K&N CAI, and the pipes I added it defiantly tachs up quicker on the on-ramp to I-30. Right up to 90mph pretty durned fast. I like it! Add me to the Borla club list list!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Rusty 2005 Silver. K&N CAI also added. It feels and sounds faster but who knows if it really is. If I wanted a truly fast sports car I would have bought something else. My wife doesn’t like the sound so I have kept the original pipes to reinstall if necessary. She has a Tesla S and boy is it fast and quiet.
                        Last edited by Yulee; Dec 12, 2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• I had Borlas on my EB '05. My wife wasn't enchanted with them so when I sold the car I left the Borlas on. The buyer's wife liked the sound. As a result of my experience I didn't get Borlas for my TR '04.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Just installed Borlas on my AZ Yellow Bird. I did notice there was a little change (I believe) in that the exhaust tips are not perfectly round. These are a little oval shaped. Spence, you can add me to the list again.
                            20200131_111548.jpg
                            Roger & Sharon Q
                            sigpic

Comment

• Spence; please add Exhaust.jpg me to the Borla team. 2003 White
                              Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

• Well... I thought about the 'tuner' thing for my fathers day present. But it sounds like the EPA has taken the teeth out of the system. I spent several hours reading so many happy/unhappy reports online, that I fine myself even more confused than before. It seems like the best thing these things do is to eliminate 'shift lag', and firm up the shift points a little. Is it worth $400? Not to me.

That said, I really do love the K&N CAI, and the Borla pipes. There was a real improvement from these additions. And it sounds AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
                                X