He made me mad, so I........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He made me mad, so I........

I was out in the warm Sunday afternoon sun and breeze, minding my own business, keeping up with the flow of traffic, but staying in the right-hand lane. Just cruising, listening to the mufflers. A huge, racked-up truck pulled up behind me and starting riding my tail. It was a four-lane street, so he could have easily passed me, but he chose to harrass instead. We pulled up to a couple of stop lights, where he raced his engine and taunted me. I just looked the other way and tried to ignore the childish fellow behind me. Finally, we came to another traffic light that was just before a merger of our two lanes into one. The trucker pulled up beside me at the light, again racing his engine. I should have let him go, especially since there was a possibility that he was an unmarked policeman trying to entrap me. But he had made me mad by that time. So at the green light, I decided to let the Bird out of its cage. Pedal almost to the floor, but not quite. The truck obviously given full-bore. Next thing I knew, the truck, although accelerating rapidly, was falling farther and farther behind me. For a few moments, I was scared and a bit ashamed. I looked around, expecting to see a flashing red light. But I was safe. Soon, the fear left me, to be replaced by the sweet taste of revenge. I'll be more mature next time and try to never do such a thing again. But I must admit, it did put a smile on my face.

Gosh, I like my Bird.

ge0rge

2005 Bronze

Re: He made me mad, so I........

I'm sure almost all of us have been there. I know i have, but it was with my 67 fairlane about 30 years ago. The only difference being when we reached the next stop light, HE COULDN'T. He went thru that light going backwards. I think he might have stained his draws.................. Never say him in my rear view AGAIN.
    Walter & Francine Goodenough (www.ourmainecooncat.com)

Comment

Nice going George sincerely. There is one in every bunch. Next time he'll think twice about acting like a jerk.

I tend to do the same as you but instead of trucks its kids in those darn rice burners.
      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
      '03 T-Bird -Torch Red
      '05 T-Bird - Inca Gold
      '13 Mustang BOSS 302
      '

Comment

George, I always love the whi**ers, latin punks and hood thugs who pull up beside you at a light when the top is down and think just because they want to ruin their hearing with hip hop rap or spanish music I must want to enjoy it too ... Makes me so MADDDDD !!!!!

You are literally held captive until the light turns green if the boot is on and of course they are baiting you.

Anyone else experienced this?

PS: The revenge is sweet isn't it?
        sigpicSoaring with My Raven Under Carolina Blue Skies ...

Comment

Originally posted by ge0rge View Post
          I decided to let the Bird out of its cage.
          ge0rge
          LOL...I do that all the time!

Comment

Great story!
            Johnny Gumballs
            T Bird Vending LLC
            Check Out My Website: tbirdvending.com

Comment

George... Give them hell! That truck had no chance with the bird unleashed and out of it's cage.
              03FUNDER

Comment

I have done the same thing many times, especially after a tailgater pulls up behind you at an intersection and darn near drives into your trunk. I just pull away full steam ahead and when I've left him far enough behind, I'll slow down or turn off onto a side street until the idiot passes by. I cannot stand someone driving on my tail. Not only is it illegal but downright dangerous. If I get pulled over for speeding, I would just explain that I was being tailgated by an idiod, and give the cop the other guys licence plate number if you can get it.
                Sometimes it is just nice to boot it and remind yourself of the good old days like in my 69 Mach 1, or my 64 impala SS. Those were the days!!!!
                Take care!!!!

Comment

George, funny story. I do that all the time. Or, sometimes, the opposite - If they pull up next to me at a light, once in awhile I'll pull out as slowly as possible when the light turns green. That way it gives them a thrill and they go on ahead and forget about me. Little did they know ....... haha I have to admit, though, I usually don't have that much composure. It just seems like more fun to leave them in the dust! After all, our TBirds are nostalgic, so why not let them bring the kid out in us?
                  Proud member of Thunder Belle G.R.I.T.S.
                  Marilyn Have a Thunderful day!
                  2005 Bronze/Sand/Black ..... My THUNDER on the road!

Comment

It sure is a sweet feeling isn't it?

One night as we were leaving a local cruise night....double lanes....lights every mile of so.....some guy with LOUD pipes pulls up on my right and starts taunting me.

I drove my usual way at the first light...he stayed with me. Maybe I took off a little quicker at the second.....he stayed with me.

At the third light, my cell phone rings.....it was Wes (Bird03) directly behind me. All he said was, "Don't Do It!" He's my voice of reason heehee. Thanks Wes.

Comment

I have been known to wax the butt of a few rice burners, even if I have to turn my bird inside out in the process. I am also sure afterwards I heard my bird say: "Thanks Bob.....I needed that."

Comment

One time on a trip from Columbus to Cleveland on RT 3, a 4 lane divided highway, Sue and I passed and Outlaw tractor trailer [painted purple no company name] while on our motorcycle at about 65 mph.

The truck pulled in right behind us and started riding our bumper. We wound up doing over 90 mph with him still on our bumper.

I quickly changed lanes and backed off to let him go on by.

A while later I came upon him again stopped for a red light.

I thought what do I want to do now?

I paced myself to the light and when it changed I went by WOT.

He came after us again as I could hear him winding out the gears as he took off, then all of a sudden a big bang and as I looked in my mirror I saw him pulling off the road with smoke coming from under his hood.

Sweeet! I wanted to go back and salute him but Sue pointed out he might have a gun and not be in a good mood so we just laughed about it the rest of the way home.
                        sigpic

“THE EDGE,
                        there is no honest way to explain it
                        because the only people who really know where it is
                        are the ones who have gone over.”

Comment

George, a similar thing happened to me with a mustang. He came up next to me revving his engine. I ignored him and just took off at my regular speed (quick) and soon realized without really even trying, I smoked him. I just had to kick it up a notch and really blow him out of the water.....teehee.......it felt soooooooo good!!
                          Looking for a customized embroidery item for that someone special? Contact me for more information.

Comment

George - Great story. Like you, I try to restrain myself most of the time, but a taunting Corvette always gets to me. There hasn't been one yet that can keep up when I let my Bird fly. I thought they had some power under the hood.

Tom

Comment

How's this for a vanity plate, George? I think this would suit a few of us (myself included).

IXLR8
                              Proud member of Thunder Belle G.R.I.T.S.
                              Marilyn Have a Thunderful day!
                              2005 Bronze/Sand/Black ..... My THUNDER on the road!

Comment

Working...
                              X