new computer installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new computer installation

.....some things never change....and the car business is one of them!

Comment

Weren't you charged for the spark plug replacement that they never did?

Comment

Gene, yes and no to the charge for the plugs....you won't believe this but it really is part of the saga and one of the reasons why the dealer was sure to be fair to himself. The eight plugs installed new, and they swore they were and that everybody was out of step but them on this issue(rust and all), at the time of the tune up were paid for by a credit the dealer had given me for the towing I paid for following the installation of a new thermostat and after the overheating and break down that took place 90 miles from home. I think they figured that was their due and, who knows, maybe they put in old plugs at the time because they wanted to cut their losses for the towing. It just gets curiouser and curiouser, right? Makes you wonder why I ever trusted these yoyos with the first oil change.....free maintenance came with the first 40,000 miles.

Comment

.....maybe we should all e-mail the dealership with our comments regarding this incident? ....probably wasn't the first and won't be the last.....

Comment

Originally posted by 00mustng View Post
            .....maybe we should all e-mail the dealership with our comments regarding this incident? ....probably wasn't the first and won't be the last.....
            You are welcome to do this on your own if you wish. Do not involve TBN in the emails.

Thanks.

Comment

Or you could follow the lead of this dissatisfied customer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzy1uaw_58

Comment

I would recommend you call Ford customer care corporate line and demand to speak to the Ford regional manager.

Comment

Gene, it hasn't gone that far but the video is compelling. Joel, not a bad idea.

Here's my problem....what exactly do I want from these guys? I will never go back so no matter what happens that part is done. They don't really owe me any money and to these guys that's what its all about. They have apologized in their way, sort of, and getting them to admit they are a bunch of incompetents isn't going to happen. I suppose I could, in a fit of altruism, say I don't want this to happen to anybody else but what could I do to make that happen? I was in business for years and would have taken this complaint very seriously but I have come to realize that the world has changed so much that all anybody wants to do is blame others and resist accepting any blame or, certainly, any liability. It's a shame but behaving like a victim gets you nowhere, nor does behaving like an avenging angel unless the revenge has a price tag. I think the dealership knows this so maybe Gene's video is the way to go.

Comment

Probably not the best idea upon reflection.

Comment

the atty gen may not do alot , but i bet they send the dealer a letter for an explanation ... thats what mine did .... there may be others ? if nothing else .. it made me feel better

Comment

Working...
                      X