Argh my windshield!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh my windshield!!!

Had my T-Bird two weeks now and a trip from Knoxville to Indianapolis resulted in an encounter with a rock from a semi on I75 north of Lexington last night. I heard it hit but didn't see any obvious damage. Today, a crack appeared on the windshield and I found the starting point, a spot that looks like where the rock hit just below the wiper. The crack has grown to over a foot long now. Don't knowif Lou's ESP would have covered this but when I talked to him on Thursday, I said, I would talk to him again about the ESP after returning from Indy. So, what experience do you all have with windshield replacement? I assume I'll be going to the Ford dealership at home when I get back. With the antenna in the glass, what kind of cost am I looking at? And yes, I've cussed up a storm over this today (outside of earshot of my 6 year old grandson).

Re: Argh my windshield!!!

My insurance covered mine...no charge. Just make sure you get a genuine Ford windshield.

Comment

If you have "comprehensive" coverage under your insurance policy, it is covered less your deductible if any. Some states won't even let the insurance companies take a deductible for replacing a damaged windshield because not replacing them is a safety hazzard.
      sigpic
      2010 Jaguar XK coupe
      1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
      1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
      2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
      2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

I had to replace 2 of them last year. $0.00 for each.
        Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

....PPG is the only manufacturer so your choice is with or without the t-bird logo at the base of the windshield....without the logo is obviously cheaper....

Comment

If it is covered by insurance, you are entitled to the correct OEM windshield.
            Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Originally posted by 00mustng View Post
              ....PPG is the only manufacturer so your choice is with or without the t-bird logo at the base of the windshield....without the logo is obviously cheaper....
              Friend was paranoid about getting OEM with the bird at the base. Three came in cracked. Fourth w/o bird came in ok and is on his bird.

Can't imagine not having the bird on window is ever going to be a big deal. Can't say I've ever checked.
              Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
              2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

There are two types of windshields. The 02 windshield has heated wiper docking and costs more, 03,04, and 05s don't have it.

\ \ \ \ \__________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                  There are two types of windshields. The 02 windshield has heated wiper docking and costs more, 03,04, and 05s don't have it.

\ \ \ \ \__________________________________________
                  Wrong, the 2003 & 2004 windshields have the feature, there is just not a switch on the a/c controls to turn it on and off. The computer does it automatically. I am not sure about the 2005, but I have watched it work on the others and have seen the connections on the 2003.
                  02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                  02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                  03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                  03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                  04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                  04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                  04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                  04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                  05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                  05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                  - 48&DC

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+1 View Post
                    Wrong, the 2003 & 2004 windshields have the feature, there is just not a switch on the a/c controls to turn it on and off. The computer does it automatically. I am not sure about the 2005, but I have watched it work on the others and have seen the connections on the 2003.
                    I guess living in S.Fl. I won't have to worry about this feature and yes I did have my windshield replaced by Ford with the proper one after they cracked it replacing my wiper blades. The blades were on sale $19.95 I don't think they made money .
                    sigpic

Comment

So OK, Then all Retro Bird Windshields have Heated Wiper Docking except the 05s. I know they make them both, with and without. And is there an idicator light that comes on the dash to tell you that they are on? I think there is on the 02s. I've never noticed them come on my 04, but I don't drive it in the Winter months.

\ \ \ \ \_____________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                        So OK, Then all Retro Bird Windshields have Heated Wiper Docking except the 05s. I know they make them both, with and without. And is there an idicator light that comes on the dash to tell you that they are on? I think there is on the 02s. I've never noticed them come on my 04, but I don't drive it in the Winter months.

\ \ \ \ \_____________________________________
                        There is nothing on the 2003's or 2004's to let you know the feature is on, it just is. I drive my 2003's in the winter and I had my 2004 out in the snow once to check. Wiring Manual page 56-1. The feature is not shown in the 2005 manual.
                        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                        - 48&DC