Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to all the 100,000 milers here. I was happy put 100,000 miles on "Annie", my 2005. Doubt if I'll do it again with "Roxy" currently at 38,500. I'll have to let one of my heirs do the 100,000 trick. On the other extreme I just noticed a Inspiration Yellow 2002 sold at the mecum auction in Glendale, Arizona with 50 miles on the odometer. The poor owner spent at least $10,000 to drive 50 miles, and that doesn't include the opportunity cost of what that $40,000 could have earned had he invested it! It hammered for $27,000, plus the buyer paid another 10% to take it home for a total of $29,700.
    Last edited by EllisonCal; Mar 20, 2019, 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
    sigpic

Comment

• For some reason I'm not listed. Black Beauty 103,000

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
        For some reason I'm not listed. Black Beauty 103,000
        You have to let them know Greg.
        sigpic

Comment

• Cal I thought I just did?

Comment

• Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
            Hats off to all the 100,000 milers here. I was happy put 100,000 miles on "Annie", my 2005. Doubt if I'll do it again with "Roxy" currently at 38,500. I'll have to let one of my heirs do the 100,000 trick. On the other extreme I just noticed a Inspiration Yellow 2002 sold at the mecum auction in Glendale, Arizona with 50 miles on the odometer. The poor owner spent at least $10,000 to drive 50 miles, and that doesn't include the opportunity cost of what that $40,000 could have earned had he invested it! It hammered for $27,000, plus the buyer paid another 10% to take it home for a total of $29,700.
            Having been around here back in 2002, it was quite common for owners to find their brand new ordered tbird had around 50 miles on it, put there by employees at Wixom, testing the cars to make sure everything was running right when it left the factory. We even found a note from Wixom saying that we might find anywhere from 4 miles to 50 miles on the odometer when the car left the factory. Ours came in at 4 miles since we were later in the year than those first few thousand built. When we picked it up from the dealership, even the salesman had tested the car to make sure that everything was working. He found that the AC fan wasn't shutting off and had to have a tech fix it, then took a test drive to make sure it was working. When we made the final pickup, it had 9 miles on it.

So I would say that that IY only has factory miles on it, that it has probably been stored by some dealer since it arrived at that dealership, and has now decided to pass it on. I would venture to say that over the years, the car has not lost as much as you might think.
            Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Gobird, please
              add my Inca Gold to the 100,000 mile club, Posted it with pics a few days ago at post #163

While you're at it, you may update my mileage on the 02 blue as it's now at 193,000.

Greg, I did see your post last year about reaching that magic number.
              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• On the original post:

12. JoAnne / JoAnne Nabor = 210,000

And

43. JoAnne / 210,000

This car now has 245,000 miles, I drove it to the gas station this morning!

Comment

• Gobird, you can add our 2002 red bird to the list. It reached the 100,000 miles today. Still running great.

Thanks
                  Sam

Comment

• My 007 reached 100000 on the trip to Little Nashville Thunder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tbear View Post
                      My 007 reached 100000 on the trip to Little Nashville Thunder.
                      Your second one?
                      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                      - 48&DC

Comment

• I bought the black car with 129000. The IG has just under 99000 and the WW has 92000.

Comment

• Is this one of you guys? 256,000 miles! Highest i've seen. 2004 for sale in WA.
                          2004 Ford Thunderbird (Evening Black)W/Hard Top V-8 Very nice ride, Clean.. 256,000 miles New Continental's Extreme contact tires. New Brake pads and calipers. Sand seats, shift knob and steering...

Comment

• Spence
                            Put Vintage Merlot on the 100,000 mile club currently at 112,000
                            Roger and Bonnie

Comment

• 320000 km or 198838 miles. just hit it today

Comment

• Spence, add my 2002 to the list. It now has 102,947 miles on the odometer.
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X