Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Joe! You are #17 in TBN's most exclusive club.

Wonder who will be next?
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• Congratulations Joe & Marie on the completion of your quest.
      Last edited by MISTYEYED829; Apr 17, 2021, 09:26 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Congratulations and welcome to the group, glad to have a Whisper White in the group.
        02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
        02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
        03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
        03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
        04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
        04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
        04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
        04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
        05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
        05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
        05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
        - 48&DC

Comment

• Congrats! You and Marie got her done!

Comment

• I have only been to 34 states. My MSG is a part-time driver, but it has 158,858 miles on it. I am curious. Of you 48 state people, who has the most total miles and who has the least on their odometer?
            Last edited by RustyFrye; Jul 24, 2020, 12:39 PM.
            Bird is the word.....
            Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• After a few calculations I have determined that I will be 172 years old if I continue at my present rate. Most sources claim that it can be done by driving about 4800 miles. It’s not something that keeps me up at night. Congrats to those who have made the trip. I’m happy staying in New Jersey.

Comment

• At 165K we won't have the most or the least, but we have done it twice!

I think Gary & BJ's car has somewhere in the high 160s but it may be a few more. BJ hasn't driven it much since Gary passed. Can't believe it will be 4 years in December.

I'm betting one of Ron's has the lowest # of miles.
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• When we got 48 I had around 150,000 on the clock. Now at 152,000.
                  They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                  IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                  Visit the TBN Store

Comment

• I was at about 110,000 KM, about 70,000 miles, when I entered California as my last state. I did do a lot of driving alone after Mitzi passed to accomplish what she asked me to do. Currently at 120,000 KM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

I'm betting one of Ron's has the lowest # of miles.
                      The Merlot had 51,015 miles when we got 48 states. It now has 54,637, adding about 1,500 miles a year. We had planned on finishing the 48 on the Cashmere last year, but the accident put that on hold. The virus has put this year on hold. Anyone want to go west next year?
                      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                      - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post
                        Anyone want to go west next year?
                        Might not be against it, if we can find some new things to see and do. Who knows, we might end up going for round #3.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

Might not be against it, if we can find some new things to see and do. Who knows, we might end up going for round #3.
                          I have Steve and Donna here, they have the MSB that needs to be broken in. I will talk it up.

05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                          - 48&DC

Comment

• Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post
                            Anyone want to go west next year?
                            I'd love to go west again, next year would be great (if the Canada/US boarder ever opens again).

Comment

• I have 180,000 on my car. I've also done the 48 twice minus 3 states the second time. However, we also did the same 48 twice on our Goldwing. I sold it with about 140,000 miles on it.

I think Bill Green has the highest mileage on his car with around 205,000 miles at last count.
                              Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

• 15AGAIN has just under 195K miles now, not sure about the mileage when the 48th state was entered.
                                Birds of the 48
                                15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Working...
                                X