Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to `rent`an 02-05 in San Fran for an upcoming vacation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, drive the Tbird out and enjoy the ride and everything there is to see along the way and rent clubs at each golf course you go to.

Comment

Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post
      Or, drive the Tbird out and enjoy the ride and everything there is to see along the way and rent clubs at each golf course you go to.
      If you don't want to drive yours have it shipped there and back

Comment

Great thinking and fun suggestions LOL! Heck, it may be cheapest to just buy one down there and drive it back.....leaving me with an amazing problem in mod-December when I get home....

Comment

Originally posted by sumoscooter View Post
          Great thinking and fun suggestions LOL! Heck, it may be cheapest to just buy one down there and drive it back.....leaving me with an amazing problem in mod-December when I get home....
          Jeff, don't know if you are married or not. If so, MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR!
          Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Good one Bill. I am married, but wonder if that might still be the case were I to drive another Retro into the Garage in Mid-December !
            It would definitely make an amazing Christmas gift for someone, but I fear that that someone could well end up being a divorce lawyer LOL!!!!!

Comment

When in Monterey go Whale watching. I did this in the summer. I still remember that 80,000 LB Whale Flying out of the water. It was like watching a semi coming out of the water.

Comment

Thanks - I've heard that you can actually see whales from the golf course at Pebble Beach too ! I think that we're going to do a winery tour or two (!) and take a look at Big Sur as well. We also hope to check out a bit of San Francisco Downtown as well on our last day before we fly home.

Comment

Originally posted by sumoscooter View Post
                  Thanks - I've heard that you can actually see whales from the golf course at Pebble Beach too ! I think that we're going to do a winery tour or two (!) and take a look at Big Sur as well. We also hope to check out a bit of San Francisco Downtown as well on our last day before we fly home.
                  Union Square, downtown SF, is a MUST see...and so easy to get to (BART, trolley, cable car, bus, etc.)

Comment

Thanks - the hotel we're staying in on the day we arrive is right across the street from Union Square and we have the entire afternoon and evening there before we head out to golf the next day. Will be sure to check it out and report back to you!

Comment

Just returned from sunny California and an amazing golf vacation in the Monterey Peninsula. While the golf was amazing and the countryside and Big Sur were unbelievable, we saw exactly 1 retro-bird the entire time we were there, and we put nearly 1000 Miles on our rental Mustang over the week. Drove from San Francisco to Carmel, all around Monterey, as far south as the roads would permit south of Big Sur where the mud Slides closed Highway 1, over to Salinas, all over the Pebble Beach community and Monterey City and then back to San Francisco. Saw the retro bird ( a really pretty Merlot ) pulling into the public parking garage at the airport as we were returning the rental car!

We didn't see any whales but did see lots of sea life, deer, most of downtown San Francisco, cable car ride, great pub food and 5 incredible golf courses including PGA Harding Park, Poppy Hills, Spanish Bay, Spyglass and Pebble Beach. Christmas definitely came early this year!

Thanks to all for their feedback and suggestions!

Comment

Working...
                      X