Leaving For Europe On Wednesday !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving For Europe On Wednesday !!!

My wife and I will be leaving Wednesday for a 15 day trip to first The Netherlands "Amsterdam & Den Hagg" then on into Belgium then to London and then to Normandy France and then into the city of LOVE Paris France.My wife is originally from Belgium so we will be visiting with our family there and then touring aboard the TGV Euro Bullet Train.We will be using a rental car from Amsterdam into Belgium and I will have my eyes peeled for a chance at spotting a retro T-Bird.I very much dought that I will see one but in many of our other trips over the years we have made to Belgium and Europe I have spotted some restored American cars but it's very rare.And one vehicle that is just unheard of and I have never seen a single one was a full-size American pickup truck. OK until we meet again "TBN" keep it between the ditches. Adios Amigos

Post lots of photos (or it didn't happen)!
    - Ted
    Titusville, Florida
    We're all Bozos on this bus.

Comment

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

DaiUy Ted. "All FAKE NEWS " LOL,,,,count on it !!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
        Last edited by TommyT; Oct 6, 2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks 007Cruiser !!

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, Tommy. You never know, you might see a retro on your trip. We were surprised to see this one parked on the street on a rainy morning when we were in The Hague while visiting the miniature city of Madurodam in 2010.

6.jpg
            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Thanks 2K2BIRD..I will be looking for sure..You know it's really a huge difference in automobiles between Europe and here in the USA. All you see are real small cars and in a way I guess there smart because fuel is so expensive there and sold by the liter.On our last trip to Belgium I spotted a new Chrysler 300 and I mean it stood out like a big sore thumb.Den Hagg is one of my most favorite cities in all of Europe.

Comment

Imagine what folks in Europe thought when they saw these three tooling around 8 countries in 28 days while we were there.

2017-10-06 10.09.27.jpg
                Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Oct 6, 2017, 09:24 AM.
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Have a great trip, Tommy!
                  The last time I was there I saw few full sized trucks, but they were in use for farms, and horse things, not the city. FWIW,If you haven't been, this is well worth a visit:
                  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Province.html
                  Life without passion is no life at all.
                  Sean Combs

Comment

Thanks 2K2BIRD.Indeed I can imagine a whole lot of staring
                    going on !!

Comment

Thanks merlot.I have been to the Louwman Museum and it was a wonderful experience and would even be worth going back to it was .It was an amazing collection of transportation vehicles all the way from Coach and Buggy up to the rarest cars in all of the world.The original James Bond 007 car was really eye catching.One of the things I really enjoyed was its a very large museum and takes a good long walk through to see and examine all the rare cars and trucks and at the very end is a really nice courtyard area were you can sit and drink beer and enjoy a bite to eat.We really enjoyed it !!!!

Comment

That's great, Tommy!
                        Life without passion is no life at all.
                        Sean Combs

Comment

Working...
                        X