all 48 states club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all 48 states club

This might be for Bill or Paul. Who are the current members of this exclusive club here on TBN. Looks like Dave Egan, Ted Sturgeon and Bill Long are looking to complete this trek in 2018. Was wondering about who is already in!
    Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

I know there's a list on a thread somewhere but I just don't know how to find it. You have to get that bird out and try and tackle it as well. Just go for it.

Comment

Here's the thread:

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...club#post44439

We need it to be made a "sticky" so It's easier to find.

TBN Celebrate Forty-Eight Club members:

1. Fred Christie (fla bird 03) - 2003 Mountain Shadow Grey - 2009 (last state: Maine)
      2. Paul & Rosetta Thomas (2K2BIRD/Ms2K2BIRD) - 2002 Torch Red - 2011 (last state: Wisconsin)
      3. David & Jeannie Applebaum (DavidA/LuvOurBird) - 2002 Evening Black - 2012 (last state: Rhode Island)
      4. Bill Green (15AGAIN) - 2002 Torch Red - 2012 (last state: Rhode Island)
      5. Gary Himes (02TBIRD) - 2002 Evening Black - 2015* (last state: North Dakota)
      6. Pat & Connie Elliott (94mcd/Ms94mcd) - 2004 Torch Red - 2015* (last state: North Dakota)
      7. Ron McCloud & Liz Smith(4LOWBIRDS+5/Sharehisbirds) - 2005 Dusk Rose - 2016 (last state: Arkansas)
      8. Roger & Sharon Quern (RQTBIRD/MsRQTBIRD) - 2002 Whisper White - 2016 (last state: South Carolina)
      9. Ron McCloud & Liz Smith(4LOWBIRDS+7/Sharehisbirds) -2005 Inca Gold - 2017 (last state: Louisiana)

One thing is for sure, members of this exclusive club did not wait for an event to come to them.

Besides those mentioned by Bill, Steve and Donna only lack one state - Wisconsin.
      Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Mar 3, 2018, 09:06 PM.
      21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

I’m waiting for someone to make it 49. One way to do it would be by taking a ferry from Bellingham, WA to Ketchikan, AK. Of course that would require a new plaque and club.

Comment

Debbie and I will complete 48 this September when we do our planed trip to the New England area, all in the Merlot.
          Our original DSB has 28 states, just 20 more to go

Comment

Actually, someone in TBN could drive to the closest town from the 48 by driving to Hyder, Alaska, via Stewart, British Columbia, Canada.

A few motorcyclists do it every year to get their 49 states, or the Key West to Alaska run.

In certain circles, the Grand Metropolis of Hyder, AK, is renown for being the nearest Alaskan town to the Lower 48. Check it out on Google Earth.
            Supposedly, it is a beautiful drive through British Columbia. Just watch out for the moose and bears!
            Jerry & Kim's
            2002 Evening Black Premium

See where "Blackie" has been:

Comment

Looking at taking the Thunderbird to visit my sister in Watson Lake, Yukon Territories in the summer of 2019. If I am able to make it happen I will drive the extra 1000 kilometres and enter Alaska at Alcan Boarder. As for Hawaii I know that one won't happen. We'll see what 2019 brings.

Comment

This route claims to accomplish the task (48 states plus DC) in 113 hours of driving.

Drive-Across-the-Country1-685x349.jpg

Comment

Yeah, but what would you see besides Interstate highways?
                  sigpic

Comment

OK, Cal, this one takes you to all 48 state capitals.

MostEfficientUSRoadTrip-1024x576.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                      OK, Cal, this one takes you to all 48 state capitals.
                      These people did that about ten years ago...
                      DSC00447.JPG
                      Bird is the word.....
                      Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

I remember them coming through town.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

These people did that about ten years ago...
                          DSC00447.JPG
                          The owner of the green one ended up getting his to all 50 states. He had it at the 55th anniversary event in Dearborn.

We met a couple in Colorado that are friends of Ed & Diana's, who bought their retrobird new in Alaska and had since moved to the lower 48. When I suggested that they could be the first known 49 staters, they had no interest whatsoever.
                          21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

The three little Birds did 48 capitals in 08, the Sooner Tbird club hosted a dinner in Oklahoma City
                            Birds of the 48
                            15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post
                              Looking at taking the Thunderbird to visit my sister in Watson Lake, Yukon Territories in the summer of 2019. If I am able to make it happen I will drive the extra 1000 kilometres and enter Alaska at Alcan Boarder. As for Hawaii I know that one won't happen. We'll see what 2019 brings.
                              I think a bridge from California to Hawaii is in Trump's infrastructure plans...
                              Quickdraw
                              Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X