tail of the dragon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tail of the dragon

At speed on the Dragon in the old SRT-6.

Too heavy, too wide tired, too automatic, too hard a hit when the supercharger engages.
    Not well suited for the Dragon and especially not well suited for the Devils Triangle another challenging set of curves nearby.

https://i.imgur.com/6QRfDgX.jpg

Comment

I think I'll stick to driving the Bird.

Our son's scout patrol advisor was one of the three surgeons who performed the first heart transplant in San Antonio.

Fred referred to bikes as "Donor Cycles," for a very good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by AyPapiii View Post
        At speed on the Dragon in the old SRT-6.

Too heavy, too wide tired, too automatic, too hard a hit when the supercharger engages.
        Not well suited for the Dragon and especially not well suited for the Devils Triangle another challenging set of curves nearby.

Nice. Very nice.
        Menace to Sobriety

Comment

After many great Dragon runs in my late modified, supercharged MINI Cooper S, I tackled it in my modestly modified 'Bird. Absolutely not the same...
          - Ted
          Titusville, Florida
          We're all Bozos on this bus.
          sigpic
          2005 Bronze, modified & customized
          One of 16, before I started messin' with it...
          Grill Story Photos

Comment

Originally posted by DaiUyTed View Post
            After many great Dragon runs in my late modified, supercharged MINI Cooper S, I tackled it in my modestly modified 'Bird. Absolutely not the same...
            That MINI's wheel base and responsiveness must be great on the Dragon. They sure look well suited for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra977 View Post
              Nice. Very nice.
              Thank you. It is a true monster previously owned by an Indianapolis guy. The first person to come see it bought it.

Comment

I live within the area and drove it several times. Last time was in my F-150 CrewCab Lariat and it was a little scary . Will do the "new" bird in the spring. I go that way on my way to Knoxville hot rod shows. Have done it in my 53 F100 hot rod pickup and in my 34 Chevy hot rod.

Comment

I'm anxious to experience it in my Jag F-Pace. Should perform somewhere between the Mini and the Bird.
                  - Ted
                  Titusville, Florida
                  We're all Bozos on this bus.
                  sigpic
                  2005 Bronze, modified & customized
                  One of 16, before I started messin' with it...
                  Grill Story Photos

Comment

Originally posted by couture View Post
                    I live within the area and drove it several times. Last time was in my F-150 CrewCab Lariat and it was a little scary . Will do the "new" bird in the spring. I go that way on my way to Knoxville hot rod shows. Have done it in my 53 F100 hot rod pickup and in my 34 Chevy hot rod.
                    Working in Murphy, NC and determined to get home to my family in Gatlinburg, I was not going to let the closing of 441 due to the hazardous heavy snow and ice conditions keep me from getting there. I found 129 on an atlas and took it that snowy night.

My first exposure to the Dragon.

Comment

I'm anxious to experience it in my Jag F-Pace. Should perform somewhere between the Mini and the Bird.
                      If you have not tried it, consider visiting the Cherohala Skyway. It will not be as fun as the Dragon with the MINI but makes for a pleasant run.

As a Jag guy myself it is nice to see a Jag that smells, looks and performs like a Jaguar should being produced again even if it is an SUV. That quality is hard to match.

Congratulations on the buy.
                      Last edited by AyPapiii; Dec 15, 2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X