soft top

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft top

The rocker switch on dashboard works for top down, but completely dead for top up! Can this be the switch/button is bad?

Re: soft top

Originally posted by michael t berd View Post
    The rocker switch on dashboard works for top down, but completely dead for top up! Can this be the switch/button is bad?
    It can be the switch and should be an easy check. Second problem could be the top up relay or raise relay. There is also a top lower relay and both are in the rear, left side of the trunk area . Should be accessible by opening the curtain in the top boot behind the seats . The Hydraulic pump is also in this area and the motor can be energized with a jumper wire if necessary .

Comment

Martin, does the raise/lower signal pass through one of the electronic modules?

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
        Believe it goes through the REM from the switch and then the relays to operate top hydraulic pump motor . The relays unit is mounted on top of the REM I think . Hope that is correct without looking it up .

Comment

Would think so Gene. To lift and lower top, certain parameters have to be met like ignition, park neutral etc. which involve FEM and REM . I am looking at a '03 electrical manual so hope it is the same for the '02 .

Comment

That's what I thought as well. Hoping that they are not the source of the problem.

Comment

That's what I thought as well. Hoping that they are not the source of the problem.
              He mentions in post one that there is top down response but not top up . Would think that eliminates the pump/motor and the front and rear modules . that would leave the switch and the top erect relay .

Relay part number - FOAB-14B192-AA ( 2058 /C3 ) . Relay up and/ or down the same .

Comment

Thanks ;) I replaced all three relay switches, and the up/down switch, just to be sure, and same problem, motor comes on for down, but dead for up ;(. And BTW it can be intermittent, once in awhile it works, it worked fine all winter, and now same crap again

Comment

Working...
                X