Fan blower won't shut off????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fan blower won't shut off????

Since the blower obviously has power, perhaps something could be added to the circuit to control the speed. Any thoughts from those who have electronic knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by LA PHIL View Post
      Sounds like you have a bad climate control unit.

Bad news is, Ford no longer services this part, no new units are available, and the old defective units cannot be repair or rebuilt because the parts (originally manufactured by Visteon), are no longer available.

Only option is to scour salvage yards and dismantlers in hopes of finding a compatible unit that works, and perhaps get a warranty on the used part. These units are not generally interchangeable, so a unit from one Thunderbird may or may not work on another.

I've worked with two T-Bird owners in the past 30 days that had the same problem and could not repair, rebuild, or remanufacture compatible units.

Excellent info from a valued member. Nice to see your post.

Comment

So not the Heater/AC Blower control module? Maybe worth a try to replace? Anyone know the part number and where to find one?

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
          Since the blower obviously has power, perhaps something could be added to the circuit to control the speed. Any thoughts from those who have electronic knowledge?
          There is a blower motor speed control unit , part # 19E624 that could be bad .

Comment

Sam, the codes you mentioned are 1242 recirculation door actuator circuit failure.
            1259 is code for AC solar sensor open circuit.
            Which diagnosis did you run? The on demand self test or the retrieve continuous trouble codes. Reason why I ask is too determine if these are old or new codes since you. began working on this problem.
            Mike

sigpic

Comment

Mike I ran the on demand. Pressed off plus lower then auto.

Comment

In an attempt to further troubleshoot the solar sensor without taking anything apart I am wondering what your results would be if you place a dark rag over the solar sensor, it's the little dome in center of dash up at the wndshield, then with headlight switch set to auto do the headlights come on. Yes then we know that some of the solar sensor is working. Next re run the diagnosis on the EATC to see if you still get code 12 59. Or are there now new & different codes?
                Very interesting problem
                Mike

sigpic

Comment

Sorry I was away for a few days...

Mike I ran your test suggestion, the headlights did come on with rag on the sensor, also ran diag with same results 12 42 and 12 59

Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X