Georgia Caravan to Thunder In The Ozarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Caravan to Thunder In The Ozarks

David, we'll be right behind you on the way to the Cracker Barrel.

Comment

Sorry to be late responding. We will be at Cracker Barrel ready for some pancakes!
      Donna and Steve

Comment

Most of us enjoy fun roads, so I would suggest you guys experience the Pig Trail Scenic Byway on your way to Rogers.

At Exit 35 on I-40 in western Arkansas go north on Arkansas 23 (affectionately know as the Pig Trail). On the right a little over 11.5 miles from where you exit of I-40 you'll find the Turner Bend Store. The store has a variety of Pig Trail souvenirs including hat pins. AR-23 will connect with Arkansas 16 which you'll take west until you are able to hook up with I-49 in Fayetteville.

I'd only recommend this route if the weather is nice. It's a little slow and curvy to be much fun when the pavement is wet.

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'm thinking of doing that in reverse as the day Friday is probably going to be an 8 - 9 hour drive from Tupelo to Rogers. Since we will have to break up the return trip, there will be more time to enjoy that route heading home.

We still have to pick a stop-over on the return, but that, we can play by ear depending on time of day, weather and stops.

Comment

Better last minute than never...we make reservations for Holiday Inn Express in New Albany. Count us in for the museum.

Comment

Whomever gets to the Cracker Barrel first, we'll need a table for 8 at breakfast.

Comment

Bob: are you going to meet us at breakfast or just meet up at the museum?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidA View Post
                  Bob: are you going to meet us at breakfast or just meet up at the museum?
                  Dave,
                  Bob and Virginia are going to catch up with Tom and myself sometime tomorrow, maybe as early as lunch around Tallahassee. The four of us will stay in Montgomery, Alabama. Then we will head out together on Wednesday for an easy drive of 225 miles and see you all at the museum.
                  Richard

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I've confirmed 12 for the tour. Estimated arrival between 1 & 2 PM.

Comment

David, see you and Jeannie tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

We would have liked to join, but we had other fish to fry.

Comment

Working...
                        X