Checkin for Thunder in the Ozarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkin for Thunder in the Ozarks

WE ARE HOME!!!! Arrived at 10 15 eastern. 709 miles today with a one hour delay. (Keep reading) After spending 3 days with Paul and Rosetta in their lovely home in Tahlequah, OK, and being shown the entire NE corner of OK with our personal travel guides Paul and Rosetta, we left Wed morning from their home at about 8 05 am. After 20 miles, WE WERE ALMOST SEVERELY INSURED AT THE LEAST AND THE BIRD TOTALED. A truck coming toward us went off the highway on the right side, he overcorrected and turned 90 degrees into our lane just behind our car, crashing into the drivers door of the car right behind us. I stopped and ran back to the car not knowing what I would find. The lady was alert and only had cuts mostly. At least all I could see. The trucks headlight came loose and went thru her windshield, and the driver door was completely caved in. I couldnt get her out and we waited on the ambulance and state patrol. The car had side air bags and that saved her. Both vehicles were totaled. That was the one hour delay. The young boy driving the truck was ok. Now thats out of the way, many thanks to Bill, Boyd, and Paul for a wonderful AR event. So much planning goes into one of those it is underestimated by all who have never hosted.. Thanks guys. We look forward to seeing everyone in June in WI.

Comment

Wow, so glad you two are safe.

Comment

So glad you guys made it home safely after that scary event early this morning. Fortunately everyone survived the accident. We enjoyed your visit and really look forward to the next time your able to spend time in NE Oklahoma. How lucky we were to have you and David and Jeannie visit with us after the event. It made the event better in so many ways.

Ron, that hat and pin collection is something else.

Comment

Glad you two missed the big one.

Comment

Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
            WE ARE HOME!!!! Arrived at 10 15 eastern. 709 miles today with a one hour delay. (Keep reading) After spending 3 days with Paul and Rosetta in their lovely home in Tahlequah, OK, and being shown the entire NE corner of OK with our personal travel guides Paul and Rosetta, we left Wed morning from their home at about 8 05 am. After 20 miles, WE WERE ALMOST SEVERELY INSURED AT THE LEAST AND THE BIRD TOTALED. A truck coming toward us went off the highway on the right side, he overcorrected and turned 90 degrees into our lane just behind our car, crashing into the drivers door of the car right behind us. I stopped and ran back to the car not knowing what I would find. The lady was alert and only had cuts mostly. At least all I could see. The trucks headlight came loose and went thru her windshield, and the driver door was completely caved in. I couldnt get her out and we waited on the ambulance and state patrol. The car had side air bags and that saved her. Both vehicles were totaled. That was the one hour delay. The young boy driving the truck was ok. Now thats out of the way, many thanks to Bill, Boyd, and Paul for a wonderful AR event. So much planning goes into one of those it is underestimated by all who have never hosted.. Thanks guys. We look forward to seeing everyone in June in WI.
            So glad that that "bullet" dodged your car and that all involved are ok and that you made it home safely.

Comment

Glad you made it back OK. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Great to hear that the truck missed you. Glad you are home safe and sound!!!!

Comment

As the truck was going off the highway and we could tell he was about to come to our side Donna was saying "Here we go again" referring to the accident we saw when our caravan left Glacier NP in Montana.

Comment

Three pretty close calls - Montana, after Pappasito's this year and now Oklahoma - I'd say they good Lord has plans for you down the line.

Comment

Way too close for comfort! Glad you are both safe.

Comment

Glad you all are ok and arrived home safely. Hope everything is ok in Georga

Comment

Got a call from Rogers Chamber of Commerce yesterday wanting to know how the event went. They had talked to the hotel and the hotel said the they enjoyed having the Tbirds, so I guess everyone was on good behavior during the event.
                          Glad you all came and had a good time!!!

Comment

Sorry we missed it, Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X