Thunder in the Ozarks, Revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder in the Ozarks, Revisited

I tried to go to War Eagle yesterday to get pictures after a very rainy weekend, we had 6 inches Saturday afternoon at the house. The road was closed, so here is a link to a news article in this morning's paper with a picture to show the flood conditions today.
    http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...=news-arkansas

Those that toured the War Eagle Mill will see the big difference the water makes to the location.
    sigpic
    Birds of the 48
    15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Re: Thunder in the Ozarks, Revisited

Bill, thanks for that article. I've been to the mill several times with biker groups but have never seen the water that high (or any where near that level}. I sure wish they had a picture of the water wheel. Sure am glad they're fixing the bridge, though.

Comment

Thanks for showing this to us, Bill. As it turns out, the rain we had while we were there in March was only a minor inconvenience in comparison. Looks to me like the water wheel is just about completely underwater in that picture.

While you were getting 6 inches in Rogers, we got close to 8 here in Tahlequah. The Illinois River that runs next to town here, came within less than 1 inch of an all time record flood stage at over 29 feet above normal. We appreciate several of our TBN friends, including you and Becky, that checked to make sure we were on high ground. The levels have gone down quite a bit, but we may get up to 2 inches more on Wednesday. That will put us around 18 inches in the last couple of weeks or so.
      15 years, 137K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 8 TOTM photos, a Garden of the Gods Beauty and some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !

Comment

I drove across that bridge, don't think I would/could now.
        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Wow, glad everyone is safe.
          02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. acc.#165 - 21 states-Dc
          02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-22 states-DC
          03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
          03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
          04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white #137 - 17 states-DC
          04 PCR-Ash htp f/ash acc. #101 - 19 states-DC